Review of Waterworks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hyfr Zack
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyfr-zack.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Review of Waterworks

Post by Hyfr Zack »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Waterworks" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Waterworks is the fifth book in Jack Winnick's Lara and Uri series. Terrorists have infiltrated the United States once more. They have devised a new technique for terrorizing the United States. Their new strategy was to poison their drinking water.

Eddie leaves Chicago to stay at a friend's house in Los Angeles. He settles as a worker at a water plant company in Los Angeles after several job attempts. His current job is far better than his previous one. He had enough time to do other exciting things. He discovers at work one day that the water plant is contaminated. He informs his boss, who contacts the mayor of the city. He talks to him about Eddie's recent observation. The mayor sends qualified chemists to the water plant. They ran a series of tests on the water plant and observed no contaminants in the water. People became ill after a few weeks, and their pets died. The FBI asks Lara and Uri to assist them in solving the case. Will they be able to succeed? Were the terrorists successful this time? To find out, read this book.

I'm still puzzled about how Jack Winnick manages to put together a good plot. Although this book is always about terrorists attempting to destroy the United States, the author always manages to keep the book interesting. He is always finding new ways to introduce new ideas into the book. He wrote the book in an understandable style. The book's characters were well-developed. Also, the plot was full of suspense because I was eager to find out what would happen after reading each chapter. I learned a lot about water filtration by reading the book. I learned about the various chemicals used in water filtration.

There was nothing about the book that I didn't like. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the book. I discovered few errors while reading the book, so it was professionally edited. My favorite characters in the book were Lara and Uri. Their zeal and passion for their country inspired me greatly. They were always prepared to face whomever stood in their way. What I liked best about them was their unique method of tracking down terrorists. In addition, I enjoyed Lara and Uri's friendship. Their relationship demonstrated the benefits of having a friend as a partner.

I would give this book 5 out of 5 stars because I learned many things from reading it. After reading the book, I feel obligated to do more as a citizen of my country. I recommend this book to readers who enjoy crime and action books.

Waterworks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Thompson Grace
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thompson-grace.html
Latest Review: Give insomnia the finger by Dr Feel Good

Post by Thompson Grace »

Waterworks was another book that was part of the Lara and Uri series. This book shows another level of damage caused by these terrorist groups. As the books going we keep seeing another level of love from Lara and the Series. Let's see what comes out of it.
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

The united states has been a major target for terrorists. Its not a surprise that a well developed story like this is be seen in this era. I would love to know how Lara and Uzi were able to solve their cases
Chris Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nakazuka.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Chris Azuka »

The Lara and Uri series is one of my favorite in that it is filled with action and thriller, which I'm a fan of. Jack Winnick is a really good author no doubt. Nice review
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 84150
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1172%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

book 5 of lara and uri series national water is poisoned by poloniumextrimly rare toxic radioactive material belived tobe from iran lara and uri team up to bring the enemy of the usa to book those who enjoy terrorist investigative book it belong to you i will recommend

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”