Review of Tracy-Bortrövad

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cwaganagwa Dorothy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwaganagwa-dorothy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Review of Tracy-Bortrövad

Post by Cwaganagwa Dorothy »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tracy-Bortrövad" by Marianne Almesåker.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

There are some things that can bring joy into our lives. Things such as love, loved ones, outings, or traveling. Family is one of the most things to each one of us. It can make us complete; but without it, we can feel an emptiness in our hearts.

Tracy-Bortrovad means Tracy-abducted. The story has a slow beginning and picks up speed, as it keeps moving on. With the sole intent of having some quality time, the Mcgregors went out on an outing. This was at a time when they had gone to Portugal on a family trip. Unfortunately, when they returned, they were devastated by the news of their missing daughter. Unknown to them, they had been a man who had been stocking them for sometime. He was looking out for their daughter, as she was the perfect candidate for a woman who needed a daughter to adopt.

This story is about how lucky child traffickers may be. It also points out the loopholes in our security systems, if the leads in any procedure are not followed closely, in time, and quickly. The pain, fear, and anxiety expressed by children estranged from their families was well elaborated. The decisions due to our differences in opinion may also lead to more mistakes, as this was displayed by the security operatives of the Portuguese and English governments. Sometimes, even the public itself may not be understanding, if a message is conveyed wrongly by the media. This was witnessed when Gary and Susan were portrayed as careless parents.

Truth be told, the story was conveyed very well. I felt sad for the little girl named Tracy. Initially, she was called Terese. But because Bill(her kidnapper) had to mislead the rest of the people surrounding him, he ended up calling her Lucy. I did not like Nagar. It seemed as if he was trying to cover up something. I also applause the Mcgregors for the strength they found within each other all through the sad ordeal they had to go through. The co-ordination between the Portuguese and English governments in trying to locate the whereabouts of Terese was one of the things that stood out for me. There was also the large scale media advertisement while calling out for a great public response towards closing in on the persons who had the young Mcgregor girl.

This story is about child trafficking. The story is fictitious in nature; but the author of this story drew inspiration from Madeleine, a story that was authored by Kate McCann. In this story, a child had to be estranged from her own family so that she could start living with another. The story shows that our origin may change but not our general outlook. It was exceptionally edited as I did not trace any errors. This story is Tracy-Bortrovad. The author is Marianne Almesaker. It was written in Swedish language. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. It is inspirational and touching too. It was eye-opener for me about the amount of insecurity that is rampant worldwide. It is unique because it inspired me to remain strong and be hopeful no matter the situation.

In my opinion, this story is a call out to anyone who has seen or has news about Madeleine. It also traces the weaknesses in the justice and security systems. It also shows that societies should work on more closely to oust child trafficking. I recommend it to all parents and persons who do not know or believe that child trafficking exists, how it is carried out, the possible culprits and their accomplices, and those that doubt the innocence of the Mcgregors. I also recommend it to all persons regardless of age, as long as they have an formed mind.

Tracy-Bortrövad
View: on Bookshelves
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

The subject is really dark but the novel seems terrific and I wish I could read Swedish, so I could decide if I want to read it. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”