Review of Devil Among Us

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DarylToby
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daryltoby.html
Latest Review: The North Wind Descends by N.L. Holmes

Review of Devil Among Us

Post by DarylToby »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Devil Among Us" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Three popular synagogue members who had strapped explosives to themselves blew up the oldest Orthodox synagogue in Brooklyn. This appeared odd, and there had to have been a purpose for this terrible deed that killed so many people. In the fantastic Lara and Uri series that Jack Winnick has skillfully written, there comes another fantastic fictional novel wrapped in tremendous suspense, namely, Devil Among Us. The state security service was drawn to this horrifying deed, and it became necessary to conduct a number of investigations to determine the real reason why these renowned synagogue members would become involved in such a horrific act. When it comes to battling terrorists, Lara Edmond and Uri Levin are well known throughout the security agencies as being competent agents. Agent Uri Levin is a Mossad agent, and Agent Lara Edmond is an FBI agent and a member of the Terrorism Task Force. In order to address the root of the synagogue bombing crisis, Uri and Lara had to work together.

It was discovered after a number of investigations that some groups of Islamic terrorists have entered the nation and that their plans may put the country in great danger. Now the question is: How does this connect to the synagogue bombing? At this point, Uri Levin and Lara Edmond have a huge task ahead of them. They have to figure out the facts and the motivation behind this terrorist organization and bring them to justice.

This novel is indeed a wonderful one and worthy of the time spent reading it. What I like the most about this novel is how realistic and suspenseful the plot is.

Additionally, I also love how the author was able to navigate the scenes smoothly and how he was able to blend in the flashback in a very straightforward way without giving me a hard time understanding the plot. Also, big thanks to the author's brilliant writing and narration skills, which made my reading experience a very pleasant one. The plot is so detailed and very captivating.

I enjoyed this novel right from the very first few pages. The plot begins in a very captivating way, and I was impressed until the novel's end. I have found nothing in this novel that I dislike; the plot is properly written, and I noticed no errors in the novel while reading, which gives me the confidence to say that this is an exceptionally well-edited novel.

Having considered how appealing this novel is in all aspects, it's flawless, highly entertaining, and easy to comprehend the whole plot. For these reasons, I am pleased to rate it 5 out of 5 stars. I hereby recommend this suspenseful and entertaining novel to mature readers who are lovers of novels related to crime and investigation.

Devil Among Us
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”