Review of Homecoming Heist

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JonesLeeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jonesleeh.html
Latest Review: Virginia is for Adventurers by Tara Z. Fisher

Review of Homecoming Heist

Post by JonesLeeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Homecoming Heist" by Tyson Collin.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Money is one scarce resource that no one can get enough of, even the wealthiest. Sometimes, when we encounter harsh financial periods, the expression "desperate times call for desperate measures" may come into play. What happens when your friend lures you into a risky scheme that'll generate quick cash?

Let's delve into Homecoming Heist by Tyson Collin. Doug has served time in prison before over criminal doings. He runs a garage with his nephew, Steve, which only generates a minimum wage. Doug's old friend, Phil, chairs AA meetings, and his living conditions are below par. Steve works temporary jobs for Mr. Bo, who runs a construction company. Nonetheless, his contracts are running low, and he is on the verge of ceasing operations.

However, there might be a means to help everyone. Doug comes up with an idea to rob banks and pocket the cash accumulated. He recruits Phil, Steve, and Bo. After three bank robberies send the residents of the small town to panic, Officer Andy gets heated up! Meanwhile, when Major Case Crimes gets notified, they send a rookie cop named Jay to assist in unraveling the mystery. Determined to prove his worth, Jay works his brain to catch the culprits. Will he?

I loved everything about the book: choice of words, sticking to the plot, enthralling storyline, etc. I read it in one sitting because I couldn't wait to know who would outsmart the other. In addition, I enjoyed the delicate theme of alcoholism during the AA meetings. The author explained the characters so well I could nearly tell their next move. Young adults will relate to Steve's character.

Financial illiteracy is a common drawback in life. For instance, buying a fancy watch or sports car with illegal money may attract the attention of unwanted parties like police officers. I loved Jay's personality. He was witty and a critical thinker, despite his lack of experience.

I identified two grammatical flaws. Therefore, the book is well edited. Life can be unfair sometimes. Moreover, we learn that having friends in powerful societal dockets comes in handy. Bo was a renowned businessman and an old friend to the chief of police. Who would suspect such a rich man could be involved in a bank robbery? I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars and 5 out of 5 stars. There was absolutely nothing to dislike. I recommend Homecoming Heist to enthusiasts of crime novels.

Homecoming Heist
View: on Bookshelves
OTrain M
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Moonlight Over Florence
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-otrain-m.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer
2022 Reading Goal: 70
2022 Goal Completion: 75%

Post by OTrain M »

Wow! Your review was so interesting that I instantly want to read this book. I don't know how I would feel to find myself in such situation. Great job?
Mercy Sos
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-sos.html
Latest Review: Inspector Mage by Aleese Hughes
Reading Device: 1400697484
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 12%

Post by Mercy Sos »

Nice review, it has pushed me to read this book. It sounds like a good read. Thanks for the honest review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Robbing banks is never a good idea, but it does make for a good story. It’s hard to imagine what Doug was going through at the time. I also ca’t imagine dragging your friends into such a plan.
FunkyFlowerLady
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-funkyflowerlady.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by FunkyFlowerLady »

Although robbing a bank is never a smart idea, it does make for an interesting tale. It's difficult to imagine Doug's situation at the time. I also find it hard to conceive involving your pals in such a scheme. Your review piqued my curiosity in the book to the point where I now want to read it. I have no idea how I would react if I were in that circumstance. Well done!
The love of your life is 'YOU'
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Roots and Wings by Lili-Ann Kriegler
2022 Reading Goal: 500
2022 Goal Completion: 3%

Post by Ceeco2002 »

I wonder if Jay succeeds in catching the perpetrators of the crime. Great review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”