Review of The Date Farm

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mozi Ken
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Review of The Date Farm

Post by Mozi Ken »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Date Farm" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Everywhere in the world, there are people who will do anything to get what they want. There seems to be no way to stop them. They do not care about the lives they waste or the properties they destroy in their quest to get what they consider important. We know them mostly as terrorists. At times, it feels like the more their plans are thwarted and their plots foiled by the authorities, the more innovative they become at making new and more destructive plans. It becomes worse when they're made to believe that for every death they cause, they will be rewarded with paradise. Whether this is true is still up for debate.

Ten men wearing black and protective nose masks entered a famous mall in Beverly Hills, rolled gas grenades, and started shooting at everybody in the vicinity. This attack took about five minutes. When they were done, they committed suicide, but not without a shout of "Allahu Akhbar." While the US wept, their enemies in the Middle Eastern region celebrated. Shortly after, the communication networks of the Department of Defense and Homeland Security were hacked. Then something very precious was stolen from one of the most secure banks in the US and taken off to a date farm in Kazerun. Soon, the married couple and qualified agents, Lara and Uri, were called to help stop these terrorists from creating more havoc as well as recover the stolen treasure. Read The Date Farm by Jack Winnick to know more about this thrilling story.

This book, as with other books in this series that I've read, was very captivating. I had an idea about how the story was going to end, but I couldn't guess how events were going to be shaped. I had to read the book to find out the scenes leading up to my expected climax. The author's vivid description of events was another thing that captured and held my interest in this book. Uri and Lara's professionalism was also commendable. They were husband and wife, but I didn't read of them going all mushy while on duty, and this helped them keep their focus on their mission and do a great job.

I didn't find anything to dislike in the book. The plot of the book was well-developed. It was exceptionally well-edited. One lesson I learned from it was from Sheikh Ali, the leader of the terrorists. He was shown to be an intelligent man. This taught me not to underestimate a rival's capabilities.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The well-developed plots made the scenes real to me. The characters were developed well too. They also had interesting personalities. There was a good amount of suspense in the book. All these made me enjoy my reading, and I'm sure others would too. I recommend this book to adults who enjoy reading thrillers and suspense, as there are loads of them in it. If you also like books about terrorists, you can read this book.

The Date Farm
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Thompson Grace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thompson-grace.html
Latest Review: Give insomnia the finger by Dr Feel Good

Post by Thompson Grace »

Sometimes we don't understand the implications of what we do. We just get unnecessarily desperate to incite violence, due to mere hearsay or teaching which has no worth. This book is an amazing fiction that portrays the reality of some sect.
Moo Reny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moo-reny.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Moo Reny »

I like books that the author's vivid description of events can captured and hold interest in this book. I like Uri and Lara's professionalism, it is commendable. They were husband and wife, but I didn't read of them going all mushy while on duty, great review, good job.
Ben Filla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-filla.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Ben Filla »

Although the title and the book's cover might have been confusing or not good enough, I guess people who love thrillers would enjoy this.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

Even having read the first two books in this series, I’m still amazed at the author’s writing skill. It’s awesome. The actions, information, and the event play out is top notch. Great review!
Roderick Voss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Roderick Voss »

The two most dedicated couple who are always willing to put their lives on the line to combat terror. The climax is enough to make you love this book and want to read the rest of the series. An excellent review.
Glory_C
Currently Reading: Keysha's Drama
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-glory-c.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Glory_C »

The Date Farm by Jack Winnick is a captivating read. The author outdid himself with regards to its intriguing plot. Thanks for a great review!
Nino Chinonso Onwurah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nino-chinonso-onwurah.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Nino Chinonso Onwurah »

Your second paragraph captured the plot beautifully. I'm already captivated. Great book with a review that did justice to it.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Post by Gavice Victoria »

This book sounds amazing! I'm so intrigued by the plot and the characters, and I love the idea of getting to experience life from both the agents' and the terrorists' points of view. I'm so impressed by the author's attention to detail and the excellent structure of the book that allows for an effortless reading experience. It's clear that this book was well-edited, which makes the book more enticing to potential readers.
SINGH JAY
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-singh-jay.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by SINGH JAY »

Even after reading the first two novels in this series, the author's literary talent continues to wow me. It's fantastic. The actions, facts, and how the incident unfolds are all of the highest calibre. fantastic review
Valeria Riveraa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-riveraa.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Valeria Riveraa »

At this point, I'm always looking forward to reading Jack Winnick's books. He has a way around telling his story, such that it differs from other books in the series. I'm sure this one wouldn't be an exception. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”