Review of NAKED Rain

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JonesLeeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jonesleeh.html
Latest Review: Virginia is for Adventurers by Tara Z. Fisher

Review of NAKED Rain

Post by JonesLeeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "NAKED Rain" by Lorraine Taylor Ramkeesoon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Death might be a simple term in writing, but its impact is immense and inconsolable. What worse can happen to a parent than losing their child? How do you get past the grief and move on with life? When your kid is murdered, the best you can do is try your best to get justice for them.

In NAKED Rain, Lorraine Taylor Ramkeesoon narrates the happy and sad family moments. A father, mother, and their kids live happily in Canada. Nothing is out of the norm. The children are excelling both at school and extra curriculum activities.

Years go by, and soon kids are all grown up. During Christmas, the family celebrates together. However, during one Christmas season, the youngest son does not go home to celebrate with his family. Worry begins creeping in after phone calls end up unanswered. When the young man winds up dead, the family has to get answers while preparing for his funeral. Will justice be served?

I enjoyed the adventures of the family. The book is set in Canada, and anyone unfamiliar with the country learns more than just a few destinations. Also, Lorraine had a way of giving detailed descriptions of an event. At a wedding, she explained the bridesmaids’ dress code, floral arrangements, and surroundings.

I loved how the author expressed her emotions. For instance, the wedding occasions came with utmost happiness. Unfortunately, at another time, we have a lost son who turns up murdered. You can only imagine the mixed emotions. The aspect I loved the most was the family photographs. The author included pictures captured years ago of her happy and loving family. In addition, Lorraine inserted excerpts and newspaper articles about her late son’s murder and court proceedings.

I detected a few errors. Therefore, NAKED Rain is professionally edited. A myriad of thoughts occurred in my mind after reading this book. Over a decade after losing a son, how did the family handle it? The deceased had an unborn child on the way. How would things come to be for the single mother?

There was nothing to despise. Thus, I rate the work 4 out of 4 stars. I appreciated the philosophical quotations the author included from various people: Maya Angelou, Mason Cooley, etc. Over a decade gone, Lorraine Taylor still misses and cherishes her dearly departed son. I recommend the book to anyone interested in installments featuring family dynamics and grief.

NAKED Rain
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Stevenmusk »

no matter the age or time death is always going to be an intense event that would arise a lot of emotions and cause disorientation.
Mercy Sos
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-sos.html
Latest Review: Inspector Mage by Aleese Hughes
Reading Device: 1400697484
2022 Reading Goal: 50
2022 Goal Completion: 12%

Post by Mercy Sos »

Death is truly inevitable but the impact on the loved ones left behind is deep, some people don't even get over the feeling at all. I will definitely read this book because I really want to know if the family found justice. Thanks for the review, it was a very detailed review 👍
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am curious as to how the family finds closure so I think that I’ll read this. The murder of a loved one has got to be devastating, but I think the time spent not knowing the truth would be even worse.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”