Review of Mean Time

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Review of Mean Time

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mean Time" by John Maul.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Noah entered Adam's head as he pulled the trigger to shoot Michael Zietz, and Michael escaped. Michael had seen Adam's face when he killed Edward Jeffrey DeWitt. Adam knew Michael had to be killed before he called the cops, but first, he placed DeWitt's body in the trunk of the Lincoln Edward had been driving. He would send DeWitt's finger, wearing a diamond ring, to Mr. B in exchange for money for completing the assassination. Michael runs along the tree lines into a field, trying to get home to his wife, Mary, before the assassin can get there. He knows he left his keys in his car, and his heavily pregnant wife is in danger. Fifteen-year-old Shelly Rae Boon encounters an ugly beast of a man carrying a dead body through the forest. The man sees her and chases her through the woods. She sleeps with a rifle that night, knowing the man will come for her. What is the relationship between the ugly man, Noah, and Adam? Does Michael make it home in time to save Mary? Why was DeWitt assassinated? To get the answers to these questions and many more, read Mean Time by John Maul.

John Maul does a fantastic job of moving between each of the characters in this fast-paced book. Even though there were multiple killers and victims, I was never lost as to which one I was reading about. John Maul writes with a suspenseful style that kept me wondering how the characters were connected. I could easily visualize the forest with the beautiful orange, yellow, and red fall colors, tall trees, birds, and hidden caves. I held my breath when one of the characters encountered a bear cub. There was never a dull moment in this action-packed book. Like any good horror book, I quickly discovered that I could not read this book before bedtime because the creepy and gruesome content stayed in my mind for a long time.

This book has all the elements of a good horror story, and I disliked nothing about it. This well-written book is full of suspense and violence that kept me reading. I had to know what happened next and who the next victim would be.

This professionally edited book deserves no less than 5 out of 5 stars. This book is almost flawless, with only two mistakes that a professional editor could have easily missed. I immensely enjoyed reading this book and loved how it ended.

This book is for mature audiences who enjoy horror stories with a lot of descriptive sexual and gory content. If you are sensitive and do not enjoy this content or reading non-borderline profanity, you may want to skip this book.

Mean Time
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Wren Michaels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wren-michaels.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Wren Michaels »

This novel certainly seems fast-paced from your review. So many questions kickstarting this book off. Great review.
MoeBrown
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moebrown.html
Latest Review: A Miracle For Evi by Eva-Maria Frank

Post by MoeBrown »

This sounds like it would be a superb read.
R_becca
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by R_becca »

Your review is confusing, yet I believe the book has an excellent plot.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”