Official Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jungkookblog
Currently Reading: Unspeakable Acts
Bookshelf Size: 217
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jungkookblog.html

Re: Official Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by jungkookblog »

Love medical thrillers. Great review.
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Vermont Reviews »

Amheiser wrote:I wasn't going to read this review because I thought the book was maybe something about sports or maybe fantasy and I didn't think I would be interested. I think the author should think of a new title because now that I have read this review, I think this is a book that I would like to read. I just finished reviewing 'The Take Charge Patient' which is about trying to be prepared to navigate today's confusing health care system, so this book would be interesting to me looking at it from that perspective. I like this review because of the way it covers a lot of things about this book that I think would make it interesting, like the alternating narrative with one person being from heaven, the well-developed characters, learning about hospitals from a doctor's point of view, and the unpredictable mystery. Very nice review.
Excellent Review

Vermont Reviews
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
dina s
Currently Reading: Taken - A Many Lives Story
Bookshelf Size: 440
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by dina s »

Cool, another awesome review and 4 stars book!! I love this :) Congrats
Prisaneify
Currently Reading: Try Not To Breathe
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisaneify.html
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Prisaneify »

This one looks really good!
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor
KatherineEWall
Currently Reading: What We All Have
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherineewall.html

Post by KatherineEWall »

Purchased and I am looking forward to reading it. It has been a long time since I read a good medical thriller by someone who actually knows the business. Based on the review, it seems this will really meet my criteria for a good read. I am looking forward to how the author handles the unusual POV. It is not common to have a narrator in Heaven.
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

cursillo86 wrote:Nice review! I am a former hospital CEO who worked in both the not-for-profit and for-profit hospital sectors. I think this novel written from a physician's perspective would be very interesting. I think first-person narratives from two protagonists is a interesting way to tell a story, especially when one of them is narrating from heaven!
I hope that you enjoy this book! I'd love to hear your professional opinion on it!

-- 28 May 2016, 15:44 --
angelsfantasy26 wrote:Thanks for the review. I think the alternating view points will make this a more interesting story.
Thank you for taking the time to read my review! I hope you enjoy the book!

-- 28 May 2016, 15:45 --
KatherineEWall wrote:Purchased and I am looking forward to reading it. It has been a long time since I read a good medical thriller by someone who actually knows the business. Based on the review, it seems this will really meet my criteria for a good read. I am looking forward to how the author handles the unusual POV. It is not common to have a narrator in Heaven.
I hope that this book does meet your criteria. As you can tell, I certainly enjoyed it!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
Debjani Ghosh
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading: The Evacuees
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debjani-ghosh.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Debjani Ghosh »

I too read and reviewed this book and found it to be thoroughly enjoyable. The last 80 pages had nail-biting suspense. Thanks for the review.
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

Debjani Ghosh wrote: 26 Oct 2018, 07:51 I too read and reviewed this book and found it to be thoroughly enjoyable. The last 80 pages had nail-biting suspense. Thanks for the review.
I am glad that you enjoyed this book. Thanks for reading my review!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
SpencerVo
Favorite Book: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spencervo.html
Latest Review: Lola the Buhund and the Father of Discord by Elbot Carman

Post by SpencerVo »

I absolutely agree with your review, especially the part about Slater. He was not my favorite character, but his growth seemed pretty realistic, and he turned out to be a decent and devoted guy. I also like the ending, as it was satisfying and had a certain vibe of "karma".

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”