Review of Just Die

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Teresa Raj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teresa-raj.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Review of Just Die

Post by Teresa Raj »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Just Die" by E Alan Fleischauer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer is a book filled with thriller. Like the title, the book kept me guessing what would happen next. The story begins with Jake Silver being admitted to a hospital as he had had a stroke and finds himself speaking gibberish. For the first time there he encountered this person who irritated him and just as soon as Jake spoke these words "just die" while pointing towards him, the person was declared dead. Jake took this all to just be a coincidence until he spelled the same spell on Kim Jong-un from the TV and watched him collapse on the screen.

Now there's also a story behind Jake saying the words just die whenever he is frustrated or irritated because that's what his mother had thought him while driving instead of showing his middle finger to other people he can just point his finger towards them and whisper the words "just die" and he had been doing that since then and nobody was found dead up until he had that stroke but from that time on this habit of him had turned into superpower or a curse maybe, you have to read the story to find out about it but the things do get intense enough to get it noticed by the president of the United States and Jake was put up for a task by him. Was it for the good or was it something else?

I like the way the author has not only done a commendable job with the storyline but he has also highlighted other aspects besides the story like the friendship between Jake, Beth Ann his fiancee, and Omar is just so adorable. The trust they show in Jake even after knowing about his powers explains true friendship. Not only this but the author has also depicted the increased exposure of teenagers to drugs and its disadvantages through the character named DC Krueger. The amount of each character's timeline and background story is just perfectly balanced I never felt like being stuck on only one side of the story.

I recommend this to anyone who likes thriller novels and it's also more suitable for an adult audience as it does contain a bit of profane language and also it talks about drugs and murders but except for that there's no other error in the book and can be certified as professionally edited.

I rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars as I do not find enough valid reason to cut down a star.

Just Die
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Muskan Afzal-
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muskan-afzal.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Muskan Afzal- »

Your review helps me in finding my next read. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”