Review of The Girl Who Loved Caravaggio

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jack Willis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jack-willis.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Review of The Girl Who Loved Caravaggio

Post by Jack Willis »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Loved Caravaggio" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Loved Caravaggio, written by Belle Ami, is a fictional book that is the second book in the "Out of Time Thriller" series. The author introduces Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio in Rome, Italy, who was fighting Ranuccio. The fight does not go as expected, forcing Caravaggio to leave Rome and stay a fugitive. In 1969, the painting of Caravaggio was stolen from a church in Italy, and it was considered the greatest piece of art that has ever gone missing. The artwork is still missing, which brings us to the present day, where Angela Renatus and detective Alex Caine go to visit Oliver, Angela's father, for engagement purposes. Their visit turns out to be a dangerous mission to find the stolen artwork of Caravaggio. Alex realizes how much Angela is connected to her dreams. The book is a collection of art history and paintings of some famous artists. Did Alex and Angela find the missing artwork of Caravaggio? Read this book and find out.

I liked several aspects of this book that made it enjoyable to read. The romance part of the novel was interesting. The author explained the love story of Alex and Angela so well that you could feel as if you were watching a romance movie. I also liked the author's writing style. It was clear, and the transitions from the past to the present were so smooth, which ensured the reader was not left confused. Finally, I liked the kind of knowledge the book added to my life. The author explains art so well that any person reading the book would gain some knowledge of art.

I did not find anything to dislike in this book. The flow was good in how the author started with the past before bringing us to the present. The author used simple language to explain the story, making the readers enjoy reading the book. The characters were engaging to the reader, especially Alex and Angela motivated the readers to read the book; hence, nothing to dislike.

I rate The Girl Who Loved Caravaggio by Belle Ami four out of four stars. The book was explicitly well-edited; hence, I found no errors. It had many positive aspects and no negative aspects, which engaged the reader. With all these great things about the book deducting a star would be unfair; hence, the rating.

I recommend this book to lovers of art and romance novels. Lovers of art would find it interesting since it discusses some popular artists and artworks. Romance lovers would not be disappointed once they read this book since the love story for Angela and Alex was amazing.

The Girl Who Loved Caravaggio
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”