Review of Waterworks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mozi Ken
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Review of Waterworks

Post by Mozi Ken »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Waterworks" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Are you interested in action-filled, enthusiastic novels? If so, the book Waterworks is an option to be considered by you. It was written by Jack Winnick. The book is a fictional terrorism thriller. It was about racism. The two main characters in it, Lara and Uri, were American agents trained to fight their enemies in different ways.

The author wrote about two different countries, America and Iran, who were at supposed war with each other due to the differences in their religious beliefs. There was a plot by Iran to poison the water plants of the Americans with a chemical known as polonium chloride. Uri and Lara were sent to stop the plot and find out as many Iranian secrets as they could. Uri was a spy. He had finally got what he had been looking for. He had got a chance to wreck the plans of the Iranian government. But he was found out. Who gave him off? How would he get out of his sticky situation? Did this mean that the Iranians would succeed in their plans?

The book had a lot of interesting scenes. The plot contained the use of deceptive and misleading messages that the enemy countries sent to each other in an attempt to throw each other off-guard. It was exciting and intriguing to read. The main characters in the book were developed. This helped to improve the reader's interest. The roles of Uri and Lara were filled with excitement, suspense, and enthusiasm as they courageously fulfilled any assignments given to them.

What I disliked about this book was that it was difficult for me to keep track of the numerous names listed in the book. It was surprising how much hate people can carry, enough to poison the water system of a very populated nation. The book was filled with fear and insecurity at some point. It was suspenseful to read those parts. I liked how the book was written in a straight-to-the-point manner without any beating around the bush. The book showed the consequences of hasty actions, as in the case of Dr. Regis Trombley, who suffered dearly for his hastiness in making decisions.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This is because I enjoyed the suspense and tension in it. What I disliked didn't affect how much I enjoyed reading it. I found no errors. It was exceptionally well-edited. The plot, book layout, and theme of the book were good. I recommend this book to people who like reading fast-paced, action-packed political thrillers.

Waterworks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
third agbata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-third-agbata.html
Latest Review: The Ant Called Tiny by Miles Phillip Lewis

Post by third agbata »

This book is really fascinating and amazin. The humor in this book made me wonder the inspiration the author had before writing this book. However, your review gave me more insight on the book's storyline. Congrats on your published review
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

It has a very intriguing plot. Owing to the fact that USA and Iran has not really been on good terms, I must say that I will like to read the book. Thanks for the invite through the book.
Bef Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Post by Bef Ozo »

Uri was now a spy and he had the mission of taking down the terrorists. How will these plans work? I hope to find out. Your review was a joy to read.
ometanoghenetejiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ometanoghenetejiri.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by ometanoghenetejiri »

This novel seems exciting.
I can't wait to read it. The political issues and war between America and Iran has made me pique interest in this book.
Thank you for this wonderful review.
Nice job!
Ronky279
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ronky279.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ronky279 »

Nice review. So captivating. I love your reviews and am looking forwards to more from you congrats on your published review
Faith Peace
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Faith Peace »

The hate does bother me sometimes too.Beautiful review by the way.
Christabel Egbeama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-egbeama.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
Reading Device: B09KBSDRDG

Post by Christabel Egbeama »

At this point, I'm truly convinced that Jack Winnick is an undefeatable writer. His book plots are always top notch, this one included. This is a great review by the way.
Wash William
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wash-william.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Wash William »

The bloodthirst of this extremist keeps increasing. This time they went the extra mile to carry out their evil intentions. I love how well-detailed this review was. Thanks for the review.
Harry Torsney
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harry-torsney.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Harry Torsney »

Lara and Uri series books are the best for me because there are no dull moments when reading them. This is an excellent review.
Larabs Josh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-michael.html
Latest Review: The Aglaril Cycle by Rich Feitelberg

Post by Larabs Josh »

This book sounds like a thriller that would be interesting to people who love books on terrorism. Unfortunately, it has such a dislike.
Donald Kelvin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judith-chinwe.html
Latest Review: High Wire by Kam Majd

Post by Donald Kelvin »

I love the Lara and Uri series. I look forward to reading how they solve their latest terrorists attack. Beautiful review.
Latest Review: High Wire by Kam Majd
Nino Chinonso Onwurah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nino-chinonso-onwurah.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Nino Chinonso Onwurah »

From your review, this seems to be a very juicy book. It reminds me of the series 24. A discovered spy is suicide. Indeed, what would become of Uri?
Ambrose John
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambrose-john.html
Latest Review: The Receptionist by Marie-Paul Corelli

Post by Ambrose John »

Action thriller is definitely my thing and I believe I will enjoy this book. Your summary is top-notch and inviting. Who gave Uri up? I wonder.
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

Reading from your review now I understand where the waterworks title comes from, I've not read the book but I like the storyline already, I'm curious if Uri was caught, your review is nice and well written as well. Great review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”