Janet Evanovich

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MamaCrow
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamacrow.html

Janet Evanovich

Post by MamaCrow »

One for the Money
Two for the Dough
Three to Get Deadly
Four to Score
High Five
Hot Six
Seven Up....

And that is as far as I got in the series before needing to take a break. The writing style is "cutsie", rough, northern, bounty hunter...etc. It was enjoyable and fast paced with some controversial topics within the text. This series is enjoyable to an extent but after seven books, I started to feel like I was reading the same story, different book, different characters/scenarios, but same gist to each story. If you want an easy beach read, and enjoy a non-law abiding, tiny but ruthless, female bounty hunter, then this is your series "go to" while soaking up some sun.
Lourgreening1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lourgreening1.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Lourgreening1 »

I love this Series, the first book they made into a movie, not as good as the book.
ashley_claire
Favorite Book: The Prince of Tides
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-claire.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by ashley_claire »

I completely agree about reading the same story over and over again. But I think I'm up to number 20 now and in too deep to quit the series. And I do still enjoy it, even though it gets a little (a lot) repetitive.
Melinda1973
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melinda1973.html

Post by Melinda1973 »

For the most part I have read all the books in this series. Yes, I agree each book has many similarities that is what I have come to expect and appreciate. I fine it works out about perfectly having one book come out a year. It seems that's about perfect timing. When I need a light hearted, funny, predictable book I head for this series. I would not recommend reading them all at once.
Brook
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brook.html

Post by Brook »

I just read a collaborative book by Janet Evanovich and Lee Child called The Job, in the O'Hare and Fox series. Also light, fun, enjoyable read but would probably get irritating in too large quantities.
Rosebear24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosebear24.html

Post by Rosebear24 »

I love this series. It's more laughs than tears, but at the same time hits on some more introspective notes. Definitely worth reading even if it feels a bit repetitious.
Amose13
Currently Reading: Dragonfly in Amber
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amose13.html
Latest Review: "Jungle Paradise" by A N King

Post by Amose13 »

Lourgreening1 wrote:I love this Series, the first book they made into a movie, not as good as the book.
Oh man, that movie. No where near as good as the book. So many amazing story and character elements left out!! I think the Stephanie Plum series would make a very entertaining television series....

I got so hooked on this series. I've read it through twice. It's so fun, and easy to read. I really do enjoy the characters. Lula cracks me up, and I want to be friends with Stephanie :)
Latest Review: "Jungle Paradise" by A N King
TRCDFamily
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 570
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trcdfamily.html
Latest Review: "Initiated To Kill" by Sharlene Almond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by TRCDFamily »

I enjoy this series too but after awhile, it is the same story and drama. I really really wish she would choose Morelli or Ranger!! I want an ending to that part. But then again, the antics of Lula and her grandma are laugh out loud scenes!!
Latest Review: "Initiated To Kill" by Sharlene Almond
BookShelfy91
Favorite Author: Elayne Mitchell
Currently Reading: The Black Echo
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by BookShelfy91 »

I have recently found myself addicted to this series...I have not so recently finished book 5 and have number 6 lined up on my to read list. I have found it quite good, very light and easy to read. Great for a laugh. I admit...I really want her to choose Ranger...Morelli just...I don't know.

Shelfy
Misalaneous
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misalaneous.html

Post by Misalaneous »

I've read all of her books. I do get a little tired of the go around between characters, but over all they are all fun, quick reads. I do love her new Wicked serious with Diesel and Lizzy. So much fun, I can't wait for the next book.
aebaile09
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aebaile09.html
Latest Review: "5 Steps to living a Happier and more Enlightened life" by Jennifer Rossouw

Post by aebaile09 »

I absolutely adore Stephanie Plum....I bought the newest installment the day it came out, and finished it that night. Even though things start to feel repeated, I enjoy it. I know when I pick up one of the books, that I can spend the next couple hours in a good story, and not thinking about whatever is bothering me in my life. I love the constant drama between Stephanie/Morelli, and the mysterious Ranger....mmm Ranger. I love these books
Latest Review: "5 Steps to living a Happier and more Enlightened life" by Jennifer Rossouw
booknerdproblems
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booknerdproblems.html

Post by booknerdproblems »

I love the early books. I thought they were hilarious but as the series has continued it's just seemed like the same thing over and over and lost the funny parts. I stopped reading although I've read a few of her others books.
hkachelmeier
Currently Reading: The Sound of Our Steps
Bookshelf Size: 1104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hkachelmeier.html

Post by hkachelmeier »

I absolutely adore Janet Evanovich and her series. I find myself laughing out loud when I read her books. I have found few authors that are able to make me laugh out loud, many have brought me to tears but few make me really laugh. Although the series is an "easy" read and I find I can finish them in about 24 hours it's a nice change of pace from what I find myself typically reading. I think I read them so quickly because they are so funny that I want to keep going and then when they end I'm sad because I gobbled it up so quickly. I've recommended this series to many of my friends who aren't avid readers and are looking for something to start reading.
jessh74
Currently Reading: The Power of the Dog
Bookshelf Size: 572
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessh74.html
Latest Review: "Béla 's Letters" by Jeff Ingber

Post by jessh74 »

These are a nice, easy read. Like others, I was getting bored of them because they were getting too repetitive and formulaic. I have kept reading them and recently finished Top Secret Twenty-Two, which I was pleasantly surprised by. I think it's the best one in a while, and it didn't stick to the pattern quite so much. Have you read it?
Latest Review: "Béla 's Letters" by Jeff Ingber
shakespearefan42
Currently Reading: The Revenge of Moriarty
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by shakespearefan42 »

When I first started reading this series, I loved it. However, for me, the later books seemed to just be a repeat of the earlier jokes. The Ranger/Joe/Stephanie triangle is getting old, as are all the jokes about cars blowing up.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”