Review of Final Act

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bef Ozo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Review of Final Act

Post by Bef Ozo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Final Act" by Van Fleisher.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Assuming you had a watch that could tell you when you would die, what would be your next action? Lots of crazy decisions and actions were taken by characters in this book, Final Act by Van Fleisher. Grab a copy of this book to catch a glimpse of what this story is all about.

A watch that could tell when one was about to die was created by Patel. These VT2 watches helped people to make decisions and have time to say their goodbyes before dying. It also helped people to avoid making some decisions that could have cost them their lives. This watch became treasured by all, not until things started to go sideways. The Russians took advantage of this to commit crimes. People who had received their final notice saw it as a chance to live recklessly and commit crimes. The crime rate increased, and Patel regretted making these watches. He now has to join forces with an FBI agent, Zoe, to put an end to all this.

Firstly, the concept of this book was thought-provoking. I never wondered what I would do if I was told when I would die. The idea is scary, but it is worth the thought. I love how this author was able to carve out an amazing storyline like this. The characters in this book developed perfectly, and they were all unique in their own way. They were all described in full detail so that the readers could easily picture what they looked like. The style and tone of writing in this book are capable of drawing one's attention fully to this book. In most books, the transition between the past, present, and future scenes is always confusing, but it was different in this book. There was an easy and smooth transition between different time frames.

In my opinion, the book cover was not really captivating and could make people withdraw their interest in reading it. Aside from this, I think this book is perfect and I do not suggest any other improvements to it. This book shows that humans can change their behavior when caught in the middle of a tight situation.

This book is worth a full rating, and I am rating it four out of four stars. I gave it a full rating because it was interesting and thought-provoking. I did not come across any errors while reading this book, which shows that it was exceptionally edited. I recommend this book to people who love to read crime and thriller novels. Children should stay away from this book as it contains vulgar words and a good amount of violence.

Final Act
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

Final Act by Van Fleisher is a story about Patel who created a watch that could tell when one could die. I enjoyed the authors writing style. Great book!
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

Final Act by Van Fleisher is a story about Patel who created a watch that could tell when one could die. I enjoyed the authors writing style. Great book!
Hyfr Zack
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyfr-zack.html
Latest Review: Waterworks by Jack Winnick

Post by Hyfr Zack »

This book appears to be an interesting read based on your review. I would definitely try to read this book to find out what happened to Patel later on.
Adrian Rondon Salazar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adrian-rondon-salazar.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Adrian Rondon Salazar »

The argument blew my mind. The cover doesn't grab my attention. Is it the symbol of communism? I also think it should be changed.
Chrity Edwin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrity-edwin.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Chrity Edwin »

This is my favourite kind of book. From your review is believe it would definitely be an interesting read. Adding it up to my shelf ASAP.
Not available anymore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-covenant-morolayo-olusegun.html
Latest Review: Stones by James C. Hendee

Post by Not available anymore »

A watch that will tell you when you die? That sounds really scary and amusing. I think the book cover is not very attractive considering how interesting the story line is. Great review
Judy O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy-o.html
Latest Review: Granite Kingdom by Eric Pope

Post by Judy O »

I knew a watch like this would do more harm than good. I look forward to reading how Patel and the FBI put an end to those using these watches for illegal purposes. Nicely written review.
Einsthawkton Edeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-einsthawkton-edeh.html
Latest Review: Best Evidence by Mark S. Osaki

Post by Einsthawkton Edeh »

When I first saw that a watch that could tell when one was about to die was developed, I had a hunch that bad people were going to abuse it. As I read on, I discovered that my hunch was correct. Bad people will always take advantage of things like this.
Thank you for this detailed review. I enjoyed reading it.
Dauria04
Favorite Book: Daisy Jones and the Six
Currently Reading: The Mark of Athena
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dauria04.html
Latest Review: Musings of an Autistic Mind by Darryl Jefferson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Dauria04 »

This seems like an interesting book that is well written and thought-provoking. Great review.
"I had no interest in being somebody else's muse.
I am not a muse.
I am the somebody."

-Daisy Jones & The Six, Taylor Jenkins Reid.
Elendu Clement Ekechukwu
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-clement-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Shot Down by Steve Snyder

Post by Elendu Clement Ekechukwu »

I hope his team effort with Zoe works out well. This book is nothing short of a masterpiece.
Mozi Ken
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

A watch that could tell your time of death? Wow, the idea sounds incredible. If only people used it for what it was designed for. Good review.
Kelvin Modilim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

Van Fleisher masterfully weaves a web of suspense and mystery, delivering a pulse-pounding narrative that will leave you on the edge of your seat.
Emeka Anderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-anderson.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emeka Anderson »

The social commentary in this book is sharp and thought-provoking, inviting reflection on contemporary issues.
Onyeka Dibor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeka-dibor.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Onyeka Dibor »

The VT2 watch's impact on society's perception of crime is a pivotal theme in "Final Act."

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”