Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Samson Friday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samson-friday.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Samson Friday »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A honeymoon is supposed to be a time when newlyweds can relax after a wedding. I do not think any person ever wants to spend their honeymoon fighting terrorists and trying to stop an electromagnetic pulse machine from blasting their country into oblivion. Tom was not looking forward to such honeymoon activities. However, he could not turn his back on his country when it needed him. He must work with the CIA and the White House to stop the attack that will come in time. Things looked bleak because there were just too many hurdles in the way of his job. Tom must work with what he has to get what he wants. Are you curious whether he would be able to stop this attack? Read E M P Honeymoon to find out.

There was never a dull moment in the story in E M P Honeymoon. Dorothy May Mercer dished out action-filled scenes in the plot. She showed me the fragility of the human mind and how easily people can be deceived into believing that murdering millions of innocent people is the right thing to do. It also showed me the stains that such actions leave in the minds of good people.

On the issue of action, there were several parts where I thought the suspense in the action-filled plot would not end. The characters were constantly sneaking around each other and hacking into things. There was so much tension in the parts where I thought the bad guys would catch the good guys. In a particular scene, Tom had to sneak into the enemy's base alongside his wife and colleagues. That scene, which I won't describe because it would reveal too many plot points, has become my favorite in E M P Honeymoon.

I want to give this book a seven on a seven-star scale, with seven being super amazing and zero being just awful. However, I can only rate it on a four-star scale. As a result, I rate E M P Honeymoon 4 out of 4 stars. Perfection in editing is partly responsible for this. While Dorothy May Mercer's editing was excellent, I enjoyed seeing everything in E M P Honeymoon. I did not dislike anything in it because I was too busy enjoying the sights and events I saw in my mind's eyes through the book.

Understanding the importance of loyalty to your country is essential. Saying you are patriotic and showing it are two different things. E M P Honeymoon taught me the importance of this virtue. If you enjoy books that depict American citizens being patriotic to their country even when it causes them inconvenience, I recommend E M P Honeymoon.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Agatha Bushguy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agatha-bushguy.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Agatha Bushguy »

This is making it the third time I am reading E M P Honeymoon. Now, I do not like it as much. I did not understand why the commander in charge of detonating the EMP was so dumb. Why did Dorothy May Mercer do her dirty like that? How can she be the top of her class but so clueless???
Margi zuu202
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: Living in Color
Currently Reading: Water Bound (Sisters of the Heart, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 83780
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 1000
2024 Goal Completion: 1135%

Post by Margi zuu202 »

The audiobook tell the story of Tom, kellywho on their honeymoon on Caribbean island something awful happens from an innocent shopping to buy a teddy bear for her nephew my fith read

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”