Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

E M P Honeymoon is another thriller by Dorothy May Mercer, the author of Cynthia and Dan. It is set in Honduras, the Homeland, and Washington, DC. It features the technological advancement of the US military force.

Kelly is on honeymoon with her husband, Thomas Turbulo, a cop. While Tom is on a cruise trip, Kelly stumbles onto a terrorist’s hideout on the island of Honduras, where they are spending their honeymoon. This singular act turns the whole of their honeymoon into an investigation. While Kelly and Tom are working on this newfound mystery, Cynthia sends two of her finest intelligence agents to help on this mission. Eventually, they meet Steve, a CIA undercover, and later work together as Team USA. At Homeland, Dear Leader (DL) recruited an army secretly working on nuclear weapons (that would be unleashed on Kansas City). Are they able to prevent terrorist attacks? Who is the real hero of this book? Get this book to find out how things turn out.

The novel got off to a thrilling start, and the pace was kept up the entire time. It was quick, funny, educational, and suspenseful. All age groups can grasp the vocabulary used in the book because it is plain English. The plot is exciting and relevant. The book has a clean layout with clearly labelled chapters and scene changes. Readers can readily immerse themselves in the novel as the scenes occur, thanks to the author's descriptive power, which vividly portrays each scene.

The characters are properly developed, and their conversations are honest. I love how Team USA's intellectual capacity was spread. It was balanced, and each person's skills were adequately utilised during the mission. I enjoyed how Sharon and Steve's romance got off to a good start. It was quiet and soft. I cannot help but mention how this book supports Cynthia's intelligence even more. Do you still remember Cynthia and Dan? If you have not read the book, kindly get it. The author cemented the relationship between Sky and Cynthia in this book. Kim Jung Lo's heroic performance is also a highlight I cannot help but mention.

I love how the author included the live interview of Professor Peter, where he gave a heads up about the vulnerability of the US. The information he delivered regarding Electro-Magnetic Pulse (EMP) is surreal to me. I learnt what a solar flare is. Also, the speech of President Bigelow and the commentary the studio guys ran on the dress sense of the first lady give the whole book a touch of reality.

I found one error while reading this book, making me think it was professionally edited. I will therefore rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to those who love action thrillers and novels about technology.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chinazo Anozie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 310
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

This sounds like a compelling read and my kind of book. I haven't read 'Cynthia and Dan' yet, but I'll be sure to check it out before coming to this book. Thanks for the great review.
IconReviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iconreviews.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Picnic Pirates by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by IconReviews »

This sounds like the type of thriller I would enjoy reading. I like books with interesting missions. Thanks for the detailed review
Onyinyechi Orji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-orji.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by Onyinyechi Orji »

I'd like to learn all about Kelly's adventure and what later became of the events. Dorothy always has something cooking for her audience.
Precious Oba
Currently Reading: Bluewater walkabout into Africa
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-oba.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Precious Oba »

A honeymoon that turns into a trip to save your country will surely be a life-shaking turn of events. The author must have thought well about this before fixing this into the plot and it has worked well.
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

A honeymoon turning into a terrorism investigation isn't something that happens everyday. Like you, I also found the professor's interview to be very informative; I had no idea what a solar flare was prior to reading this. The author really did a great job.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I am currently reading Cynthia and Dan and I agree with you that the author is a beautiful writer. Honeymoon becomes an investigation site the book sure sounds interesting. Great review, welldone!!!
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

Due to unforeseen strikes by deadly terrorists, Kelly and Tom were unable to enjoy their honeymoon. They were in risk of losing their lives rather than having fun. The return of the well-known character from the other Dorothy's book, though, is what I adore most about this book. Very good review.
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Peace10 »

As great as this book is, I didn't like the way it's not suspenseful, and the actions were not what I was expecting. It's still good though.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

I like that this book is full of lessons. The solar flare will be an exciting theory. How exciting the whole drama would be for Tom and Kelly who solves mysteries while they were suppose to be on honeymoon.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I read this book some time ago, and I concur with your opinions about it. I enjoyed reading your description. Thanks for an excellent review!
Adaeze BlessedMira Ibeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-creative-lord.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Adaeze BlessedMira Ibeh »

I've read Cynthia and Dan and it was utterly amazing. I'm hope that this one deliver a on it's promise too. Your style of writing is endearing and professional. Well done.
Jelly_J
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jelly-j.html
Latest Review: Annihilation by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Jelly_J »

Your review of this book was very amazing. It was honest as well as interesting. I also liked the pace of the story. The plot of a honeymoon turning into an investigation sounds appealing as well.
Moyin Loveth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moyin-loveth.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Moyin Loveth »

The part about honeymooners getting involved with terrorists is what attracted me to this book.
I read Cynthia and Dan a while ago and I'm happy that the couple makes a reappearance in this book.
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Post by Ceeco2002 »

This seems like an interesting read. I wonder if they are successful in their mission to prevent terrorist attacks. Thanks for a great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”