Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vijaya Lakshmi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vijaya-lakshmi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Vijaya Lakshmi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Kelly McBride and Tom Turbulo are newly married couples. Their honeymoon to Honduras is interrupted after Kelly’s encounter in a weird shop with an unknown person. Immediately, she informs her brother Mike McBride, the Senator of the United States. Mike’s assistant Cynthia sends two women, Agatha and Sharon, as bodyguards for the couple. Another man named Steve is also keeping an eye on the couple for their safety without their knowledge. But they all meet each other in a place and find a tool that could be dangerous for the world. They join together when a crisis arises and battle to beat the opponents.

The rest of the world underestimated the opponent country’s prowess, which was precisely what the leader of the country wanted them to believe. The leader of the opponent country and his general send a group of six men headed by a woman named Su-jin to Honduras. The leader wants to destroy other countries. Her mission is to make the leader’s dreams come true. The events that occur, when the two teams having the best knowledge in their respective fields come to blows with each other, is the remaining story. The book E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer is a suspense thriller based on science fiction that explains how a team of five members try to tackle trained military people of another country to save their USA.

I am a fan of books that begin without boring introductions, coming straight to the plot. So, this book had me intrigued from the beginning. All characters have their special moments. The author made me understand every character. I can not hate any character except the villain. My favorite characters are Cynthia and Kim Jung Lo. They appear in a few scenes only. But the cleverness of both of these characters plays an important part in the plot. There is nothing I hate about the book.

I would rate this story 4 out of 4 stars. The author did a good job of keeping the reader hooked from the beginning. After seeing the cover of the book, I thought that the story would have complex terms I could not understand. After reading the book, I came to know that it was nothing like I thought. The book has certain unfamiliar terms, but they are explained clearly. So, it is easy to connect the plots and understand the story. There were no errors in the book. Even though the climax was not as thrilling as I expected, it was pretty good.

I would recommend this book to anyone looking to read a quick read of an action thriller. It has no unnecessary extra content and has just the necessary content. The story starts with a bit of thrill, progresses at the correct pace, and ends smoothly. With a little bit of humor, jolliness, and lots of heart-stopping moments, the book does not fail to provide the satisfaction of reading a good book. It is a worthwhile read to pass time. It is also informative on some topics. I am ready to read the other books done by the author.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”