Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
George Baker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-george-baker.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by George Baker »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer is a work of fiction that combines action, thriller, and romance. This book talks about the event of a terrorist attack on North America by means of an electromagnetic pulse. An electromagnetic pulse attack is carried out to destroy information systems and deny electric power to homes and different facilities.

Kelly and Sergeant Tom, the newly weds, were on their honeymoon in Honduras. One day, Kelly took an excursion bus around the island to check out some shops. She comes across a pigsty shop and wants to get toys as gifts for her family after her honeymoon. She couldn't see any employee to attend to her, so she started walking around the shop to see if any employee would answer her, only for her to discover a secret computer lab inside the shop, which was a terrorist hideout. While snooping around, she was attacked, but she managed to fight her way through and escape. She left a voicemail for her brother, Senator Mike, who later alerted Tom to Kelly's whereabouts. In the CIA, a team has been set up to stop this attack from happening. Get a copy of this book to find out about the thrilling events that happened.

What I liked about this book was the storyline. It was very interesting and fascinating. I liked the tasks carried out by the team, and I learned how important it is to work as a team. The book explores themes like terror, braveness, humour, and teamwork. The author did a good job of explaining the electromagnetic pulse attack and its effects. At least someone without knowledge of what it is about will understand. The author used concise words to make the book look simple and easy to understand. The major and minor characters were well developed. I also like that the book's setting looks real. It contains actions, plans, terrorist hideouts, and technologies that will make it a perfect idea for a movie adaptation.

Despite that, the plot lacked twists, but that couldn't stop me from reading this book to the end. There was nothing else I disliked about this book. The book contains a lot of suspense, humour, and action that kept me fascinated. The book shows what the antagonist was striving for, which made him well developed and entertaining to read about. 

I'm rating this book 4 out of 4 stars. I discovered one error in the book. This shows it was professionally edited. I recommend this book for readers that like action and thriller stories. People who are sensitive to profanity should avoid this book. 

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Isaac Oh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isaac-oh.html
Latest Review: The Natural Guard by Michael L. Chapla

Post by Isaac Oh »

A great storyline with a lot of thriller and suspense. I will definitely check this one out. Great review.
Ozioma Miriam
Currently Reading: The Love Charm
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ozioma-miriam.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ozioma Miriam »

From the way those North Koreans were behaving, I just knew that they won't succeed. Adapting to the western lifestyle was difficult for them, so I knew America with the talents that work for them would snif them out in no time. Thanks for an interesting review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

Dorothy May Mercer books are always well-written and have good plots,and I am sure this won't be an exception. I enjoyed reading through your review, and I look forward to reading the book. Welldone!!!
Regard003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regard003.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Regard003 »

This author loves terrorist storylines and she knows how to write one. I'm sure this book would be a banger. I might check this book out.
Jelly_J
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jelly-j.html
Latest Review: Annihilation by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Jelly_J »

I look forward to reading this book, as the concept of terrorists using an EMP to carry out an attack piques my interest. A very beautiful and well detailed review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”