Review of The Master

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JonesLeeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jonesleeh.html
Latest Review: Destination Fierce: Moving from Fear to Fierce by Cathy Joy Hill

Review of The Master

Post by JonesLeeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Master" by Bill Hansmann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Jenny is undertaking her routine activities and taking care of her kids when she suddenly receives a call in the middle of the night. A stalker utters derogatory comments and claims Jenny will pay for her actions. However, Jenny does not recall a thing she did wrong to anyone so deep that she gets such worrying calls. The stalker refers to himself as “The Master.” Jenny calls her private detective brother, Bill. The next day, she and her kids set forth to her brother's house for a while as he investigates the matter.

Meanwhile, many years ago, children and family pets disappeared with no bodies or carcasses to trace. L J Palmer knows the offender of those past obscene happenings. Things get tougher because Palmer is dating Jenny! Some evidence links L J to one murder incident from 2003, and the victim is a man whom Jenny madly desired. Was L J Palmer the killer? Who is threatening Jenny in the middle of the night? Better still, will "The Master" be apprehended?

There is one thing to which I will give credit— humor. Despite the plot being gory and inhumane, the author managed to lighten my mood. In so many instances, I laughed out loud, even when the humor was dark. Another thing I cherished was the smooth ride from the beginning to the ending page. There were no redundancies, and the sentence phrasing was top-notch!

Each segment focuses on a specific character, and the author provides tiny details about them. Mental health was masterly incorporated, and Carl was the core of the Story. Speaking of Carl, he fulfilled his role the best, even though the ending was gory and somewhat disturbing.

I give credit to Jenny's stalker for a job well done. He was swift, careful, and did his homework best. The detective part of the book was impeccable. The tale became more fast-paced while halfway, and I could feel my heart palpitations increasing because I worried for Jenny. I kept worrying whether the stalker would harm her.

Towards the end, I did stumble upon a few missing punctuation marks and typos. Thankfully, they were just a handful. So, the book is well edited. I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. The killings and body disposals were terrifying and disturbing. Even so, this enriched the work with more flavor. I did not find a thing to disdain. I recommend The Master by Bill Hansmann to readers who love crime-thriller novels filled with gory details.

The Master
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Currently Reading: The Lost Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 573
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Shadow: The Moonracer Chronicles by T. August Green
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

What did Jenny do? Maybe nothing? Her boyfriend seems to know more about what's happening then he's letting on. How scary!
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: The Parrot's Perch by Karen Keilt

Post by Peace10 »

Jenny is able to get roped into the whole situation. I hope the real killer gets apprehended.
Richard Azubike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-richard-azubike.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Richard Azubike »

Thank you for writing a review about the book but I am not interested in reading the book. Thank you for this.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”