Review of Deceitful Intentions

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Review of Deceitful Intentions

Post by Aisha Yakub »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Deceitful Intentions" by Carlo Armenise.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raven Redman, a twenty-four-year-old woman, had been involved in a ghastly car accident with her mother, Alice Redman. Alice was burnt to death, while Raven survived, but she stayed in a coma for a year. When she finally woke up, she had no memories of who she was; she did not know anything about her life, and her right leg was amputated. She felt alone and depressed when the doctor told her what had happened to her. After she was discharged, she had an option to either let her amnesia stop her from living or choose to start anew. Unknown to Raven, there was more surrounding the accident she was involved in than she knew. Find out if she pulled through by reading Deceitful Intentions by Carlo Armenise.

I must say that the author did a wonderful job in this book. Not only did I find this book interesting, but this book also had features that kept me glued to every line and page of the book. It was an easy read because it had a lot of suspense, and I was eager to find out the next line of action. I liked the suspense used in this book. It was fascinating that such a short read could be very intense.

Also, I liked how Carlo Armenise wrote about the friendship that existed between Raven and Julia; they were best friends. I found it heartwarming. I think everyone deserves a friend like Julia, who is protective and willing to do anything for a friend. Even though Raven couldn't remember who she was, Julia still chose to be her friend and did everything she could do to help her regain her memory. I liked that Raven was determined to uncover the mystery behind her mother's death, and she didn't let her condition keep her down from living her life. She was a great example of a resilient character. People think disabilities are hindrances. Most times disabled people feel reluctant and are more constrained than their disabilities limit them. However, Raven took it upon herself to show that she could do anything she wanted to do, regardless of what happened to her. While reading this book, I learned that revenge and betrayal do no good. The immediate gratification they may give cannot be compared to the harm and damage they bring.

I did not encounter any negative aspects about this book. Interestingly, this book was perfectly edited, as I did not find errors in it. I have no reason to give this book anything less than a perfect rating. I rate Deceitful Intentions 4 out of 4 stars. This book was well written; it was interesting and had a lot of suspense.

I recommend this book to readers who love crime and mystery books. If you're looking for a short book with a great storyline, then this book is for you.

Deceitful Intentions
View: on Bookshelves
Elenimo Chembe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elenimo-chembe.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Elenimo Chembe »

Julia seems to be an interesting woman; very inspiring. Can't wait to read this book.
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

Well, this sounds like an intriguing read. I'm now curious whether Raven regains her memory and the events behind her mother's death. Thanks for a wonderful and detailed review, it truly triggered my interest. Well done!
Wildflowertheorist
Currently Reading: Rise of the Savior
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wildflowertheorist.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Wildflowertheorist »

You've written a wonderful review with a good summary! I'd like to read this book to learn about the tragic accident and the powers behind it.
"When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Post by Peace10 »

Wow! I wonder how she will live after being released from the hospital. What are the circumstances surrounding the accident?
Aneeka Shamnaz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aneeka-shamnaz.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Aneeka Shamnaz »

It seems very sad and pitiful, the story itself starts of so fast paced with the accident and the amputation. The title though, "Deceitful Intentions" is what grasped my attention. I need to know more about the accident and what the actual deceit is. I will be giving this a read soon.
Stizzy Monday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stizzy-monday.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Stizzy Monday »

You've written a wonderful review with a good summary! I'd like to read this book to learn about the tragic accident and the powers behind it. Thank you for the review.
Fanny Lebura Ueh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fanny-lebura-ueh.html
Latest Review: Jason's Magic Journeys by Sylvia Hebden

Post by Fanny Lebura Ueh »

I totally enjoyed reading your review. This review has piqued my interest, and I look forward to reading this book and finding out more details for myself. Thank you for the honest feedback.
Amy Luman
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Everyone needs someone they can count on, someone who will be there no matter what. I wonder what the deceit ie. I guess I’ll find out when I read this.
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ohna Martin »

In situations like that everybody needs a friend like Julia. This book sounds really interesting I would love to read it.
NetMassimo
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I'm curious about what's behind Raven's tragedy, in particular, if it was really an accident. I guess there are twists and revelations in this novel. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”