Review of Raven's Peak

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
khaulah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khaulah.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Review of Raven's Peak

Post by khaulah »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A theology graduate, 21-year-old Haatim is devastated after the death of his 16-year-old sister due to cancer. He is depressed, lonely, and has lost faith in God. Abigail is a demon hunter who works for the council, a clandestine organization tasked with protecting the public from supernatural threats. Abigail is on a mission to save her mentor Arthur (also a hunter) after he sacrificed himself trying to protect her from a powerful demon. The paths of these two unexpected people cross, steering you towards an unforgettable adventure.

What if people in a town start acting weird because of a manipulative demon? Raven's Peak is an outstanding and thoroughly engrossing first book in the World on Fire series by Lincoln Cole. What are we frightened of in our lives? Is it the external sources or our potential for evil? Raven's peak explores the theme of humanity's potential for virtue and vice.

Raven's Peak is a spine-tingling novel that captures the reader right from the prologue and immerses you in a fascinating world full of new twists on old ideas. The setting of the book is descriptive enough to let your imagination go wild, and the world-building makes you feel like you're a part of the story. The characters are well-developed, relatable, and layered, so you'll want to follow them beyond the epilogue.

The book is heavily influenced by religion and faith. It demonstrates how faith can alter someone's life trajectory. Furthermore, all religions are handled equally in the book, with no special emphasis placed on any of them. The main characters are also diverse, with Haatim being an Indian male and Abigail being an African American. The author's writing style is deft in that it does not rely exclusively on blood and gore to entice readers into the plot. The supernatural elements are so well-crafted that they give you chills down your spine.

All things considered, Raven's peak is an entertaining book that provides an escape from the real world for a while. It delivered a well-thought-out plot with great narration and a cliffhanger that leaves you with many unresolved questions. I'm already looking forward to reading the subsequent book to see how the plot pans out. I found two grammatical errors in the book. There was nothing about the book that I didn't like. Therefore, I give Raven's Peak 4 out of 4 stars. The book does not have any sexually explicit scenes. There is the use of non-borderline profane words, descriptions of murder, and mentions of drug use. Therefore, I wouldn't recommend it to younger readers.

Raven's Peak will appeal to anyone looking for supernatural fiction with a healthy amount of horror.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
WriteOn
Currently Reading: Wild World
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writeon.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by WriteOn »

All things considered, Raven's peak is an entertaining book that provides an escape from the real world for a while.
That's just how I felt when reading your review! Your description was so absorbing, thank you.
Furthermore, all religions are handled equally in the book, with no special emphasis placed on any of them. The main characters are also diverse,

That aspect interested me, it seems like the author was mindful to make the book inclusive.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

This was easily one of my favorite books. I am so introduced that so many different people can read the same work and see so many different things.
khaulah
Currently Reading:

Post by khaulah »

@Mrs D O Thank you so much for stopping by!
khaulah
Currently Reading:

Post by khaulah »

Amy Luman wrote: 16 Jun 2022, 09:18 This was easily one of my favorite books. I am so introduced that so many different people can read the same work and see so many different things.
I'm amazed by this too. It has become one of the best books I've read this year so far. Thanks for stopping by!
Ayesha Ameera Memon
Currently Reading: Culture Jock
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayesha-ameera-memon.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Ayesha Ameera Memon »

Mrs D O wrote: 16 Jun 2022, 08:53
All things considered, Raven's peak is an entertaining book that provides an escape from the real world for a while.
That's just how I felt when reading your review! Your description was so absorbing, thank you.
Furthermore, all religions are handled equally in the book, with no special emphasis placed on any of them. The main characters are also diverse,

That aspect interested me, it seems like the author was mindful to make the book inclusive.
I read the book after coming across this review and these were the aspects that drew me in too! And I totally agree with the reviewer on the way the author handled different religions to make the book inclusive, like you said!
Ayesha Ameera Memon
Currently Reading: Culture Jock
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayesha-ameera-memon.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Ayesha Ameera Memon »

You write beautifully! Your description of the book being a "spine-tingling novel" was absolutely on point! I picked it up after reading your review and I absolutely loved it!
khaulah
Currently Reading:

Post by khaulah »

I read the book after coming across this review and these were the aspects that drew me in too! And I totally agree with the reviewer on the way the author handled different religions to make the book inclusive, like you said!
I'm so glad. Thanks for letting me know @Ayesha_29 !
khaulah
Currently Reading:

Post by khaulah »

Ayesha_29 wrote: 18 Jun 2022, 02:32 You write beautifully! Your description of the book being a "spine-tingling novel" was absolutely on point! I picked it up after reading your review and I absolutely loved it!
Thank you so much!
Penny Ann Criswell Johnson
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Totem
Currently Reading: Snatched up to heaven
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-ann-criswell-johnson.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Penny Ann Criswell Johnson »

Great review! After reading all the reviews, I can't wait to read this book. There are very few books out there on this content. What makes this story so scary? This type of influence happens every day. My favorite part of your review is where you say our faith can alter our trajectory. I have added this series to my bookshelf.
khaulah
Currently Reading:

Post by khaulah »

[youtube][/youtube]
Penny Johnson 1 wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 11:16 Great review! After reading all the reviews, I can't wait to read this book. There are very few books out there on this content. What makes this story so scary? This type of influence happens every day. My favorite part of your review is where you say our faith can alter our trajectory. I have added this series to my bookshelf.
That's great😀
khaulah
Currently Reading:

Post by khaulah »

khaulah wrote: 04 Jul 2022, 10:53
Penny Johnson 1 wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 11:16 Great review! After reading all the reviews, I can't wait to read this book. There are very few books out there on this content. What makes this story so scary? This type of influence happens every day. My favorite part of your review is where you say our faith can alter our trajectory. I have added this series to my bookshelf.
That's great😀
Rupali Mishra
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rupali-mishra.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Rupali Mishra »

Excellent review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”