Review of Raven's Peak

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace10.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Denied by Jack Gold and Marc Debbaudt

Review of Raven's Peak

Post by Peace10 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Foremost, I don’t know what genre to classify Raven’s Peak because it’s a mix of different genres. It’s filled with action, thrills, fantasy, and a tiny bit of science and romance. It also has theological studies about religions, different languages, and demons included in it.

The story opens with a man found in an underground prison, self-inflicting himself with whips. He calls it his ‘cleansing ritual’ to inflict himself with agony and pleasure. This man, who we later get to know as Reverend or Arthur, is a hunter of a society known as the Council. Arthur is brought out of his cell by his long-time mate, Frieda, to bring back his adopted Abigail, who is in the hands of a demon. Arthur saves her, along with some children, and is taken to hell by the demon.

We see a young man, Haatim, in a library in his grief. Then, suddenly, a fat man, George, comes to offer him a job to take pictures of his stalker. Haatim, not knowing George has evil intentions, sees the job as a means of earning money and as a distraction takes up the job. Here, he meets Abigail, the adopted daughter of Arthur. Together, they go on numerous adventures, meet and fight demons, and save lives.

Raven’s Peak, by Lincoln Cole, is a very intriguing novel that I enjoyed reading. I was captivated by the intensity and mystery of the book from the first page. The storyline, character development, the choice of words, how the author described each action, and places were really outstanding. The story shows the depth of the author’s knowledge and research while writing this.

Abigail is a mysterious character, never trusting, rebellious, and like to do things in her way. I love the way she is. It was through her we got to know the secret of Aram Malhotra, Haatim’s father. Her disobedience of not giving up on Arthur brought quite many things to light, though we haven’t seen all of it, as this is the first book. I so much love Haatim too. He never knew he could do what he did at the end of the book. There's more to him, that I believe I’ll see in the second book of this series. Through him, I learned that Faith couldn’t be undermined, both in ourselves and in God.

I said there’s a little science and romance in this story because of how the author explained the dangers of methane in that underground tunnel. And that of romance, we could see Haatim has already taken to Abigail, but we can’t say what will later happen. We are left in suspense about that part.

There’s nothing to dislike about Raven’s Peak. I don’t regret picking it. I couldn’t drop it once I started. The author really caught my attention. There were numerous profanities, but it didn’t deter me from enjoying the book. It’s professionally and flawlessly edited. I was unable to detect any error. I give this a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. The author did a good job.

I’ll recommend this to adventure and action lovers. It’s worth the time.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Elendu Ekechukwu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Elendu Ekechukwu »

I love reading paranormal thrillers though it scares me. I hope to encounter a paranormal investigator so they would tell me their stories too.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I’m reading “Raven’s Peak” , myself, at the moment and I’m enjoying every second of it. Who’s to say that this is fiction, after all the Council can keep it a secret.
MsH2k
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

Paranormal thrillers are not my thing, but it sounds like this book has lots to offer if you enjoy this genre mix. Thank you for your take!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Zwelihle_Myeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zwelihle-myeni.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Zwelihle_Myeni »

Sound like a great combination of themes. Thanks for your review.
honeybear_11001
Currently Reading: A Dream For Peace
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honeybear-11001.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by honeybear_11001 »

Seems like a delightful read. I especially love the summary of the book. This is definitely my preferred genre. Can't wait to read and review it. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Kavita Shah
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Never give up on yourself and God. It sounds like a nice adventure/thriller/fantasy tale. Thanks for a pleasant review!
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This sounds like an intriguing story that has a lot going for it. I love adventurous, paranormal books, so I think I would enjoy reading it. Thanks for an interesting and informative review!
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

I thoroughly enjoyed reading every part of this book, the action and horror scenes were topnotch and exceptionally well written. This is a remarkable summary.
Daniel Oluwabiyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-profeddy05.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Daniel Oluwabiyi »

Thanks for the review.
Regard003
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regard003.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Regard003 »

I'm a bit confused by this book. And I'm not sure I'll read it. I don't like horror scenes
Rita Nuncia
Currently Reading: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rita-nuncia.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Rita Nuncia »

I always enjoy a good mystery novel. I will like to read this book. It seems the author blended mystery, romance and crime. It seems very interesting. Your review has piqued my interest in the book. Nice one!
Nwaka Chukwuemeka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaka-chukwuemeka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Nwaka Chukwuemeka »

I have come across this kind of book before and it was so interesting, I will try this one out too. Great review.
Moyin Loveth
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moyin-loveth.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Moyin Loveth »

I also liked how the book contained different genres yet the author adequately developed each part of the book. This is such an intriguing review and I'm glad your summary does justice to the book.
Oluwabiyi Israel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwabiyi-daniel.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oluwabiyi Israel »

The plot of this book is definitely interesting. It contain differing genres and is sure to appeal to any reader.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”