Review of Greed Among Friends

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Greed Among Friends

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Greed Among Friends" by Van Tellfaster.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Greed Among Friends by Van Tellfaster is a fictional literary genre that pictures greed, financial crime, and suspense-filled uncovering. It’s a business world, and one key thing in this world is trust, and a slight hint of a break would drive anyone to any length to get rid of the object. Simonton is suspicious after the information about the theft gets to him. He can’t pin his suspects down himself, so he hires the services of a top investigation firm. The book uncovers the result of this investigation.

Laura is a young ex-cop who left the police to become a private investigator, she had never hit the point of leading an investigation in her career, but things soon took a different swerve. She got involved as lead investigator in a back-breaking case. This case takes her on a mountain climb in her career. Solving this puzzle of a case would determine the rest of her career’s fate.

I admire mind-blowing literary pieces such as this, and for this particular one, there’s an unending line to what I admire about it. Firstly, the author’s keen narrative and descriptive techniques are applied in the book. The author spared no detail from the beginning of the book to the end. We don’t get to any point where we can't trace where we began and left off. I bet you could leave the book for a day and get back and continue on a coherent flow of ideas.

For me, the climax of the story seemed to be the revelation of Kim Streusel. It was painted in the book that the embezzlement was done so that no one would find out. Even if someone were going to uncover their tracks, it wouldn’t be Kim.

There were so many ideas in the book that, without sentiments, I could say I couldn’t pick out a negative point. It gives you no idea of the next move. The suspense leaves you hanging onto more open pages and not even a slight dull moment for the reader.

This book left me glued to my seat and not wanting to move up. It could do the same to you. For being so addictive, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It appears professionally edited with a few errors. I recommend this book to lovers of mind-engaging novels, investigators, crime scene lovers, anyone taking or willing to take a course in crime deciphering, and largely fictional novel lovers. If you want a sharpened and investigative mind, take my invitation and read Greed Among Friends.

Greed Among Friends
View: on Bookshelves
Collins Maina 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Collins Maina 4 »

Greed is one of the vices in the world and it affects all kinds of people.The book is thrilling as one finds himself wanting to know what the author will do next thanks for the review
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

This is a great review. It left me wondering about Laura and her career. I also want to know more about Kim. Sometimes people are just “lucky” when it comes to hiding their tracks. It just happens to be so twisted that its really hard to uncover.
Sopulu Ezidimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezidimma-01.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sopulu Ezidimma »

What is tbe result of simonton's investigation. Great review i must say. How great is Laura career taking a great turn for her. Thanks for your review
Jen Nghishitende
Currently Reading: Exploring Wine Regions – Bordeaux France
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jen-nghishitende.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Jen Nghishitende »

The title of the book is really catchy and from this review, it sounds like the book will make for a thrilling read! Thank you

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”