Review of Terminal Call

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Review of Terminal Call

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Terminal Call" by Richard L Winslow.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

To what extent can loyalty cause havoc rather than expansion? What happens when betrayal rears its ugly head when you least expect it? These are some of the questions that pop up in one’s mind while reading Terminal Call by Richard L. Winslow. This 255-page novel rides on power, guilt, and devotion.

The plan to create a new Germany initiates a series of events that leads to murder and identity change, among other things. The book is separated into three parts. The first part provides the details of the plan and action being put towards the spread of power. It introduces the book’s major characters like Martin Bormann, Hans Dieter, Karl Sielbach, etc. The second part of the book focuses on recent happenings. It regards the action that began years ago while also providing information on the events that occurred in the past. The concluding aspect of the book fills the missing puzzle of the identity of the characters and the aim they worked towards. Read up on this book to discover how deceit can be used as a weapon to get one’s desire.

Richard’s writing is superb and smooth. The author is excellent at weaving the elements of suspense and flashback to create a fantastic-thrilling plot. I was spellbound by the way the author implanted the technique of suspense at strategic points in the novel. For instance, the revelation of the identity of Adam Goldman and Richard Braun was simply fascinating and startling. The disclosure was done gradually, making me curious and eager to read further. The author blended the past and the present simultaneously without leaving any room for a mix-up. The details that make up each character were well thought out to make each distinct.

There are many things I like about this book, starting from the plot to the development of the characters. At the beginning of the book, I was full of doubt about the excitement it would bring due to the subject matter. However, my interest aroused a few pages later. My favourite character is Adam Goldman. He had a past he was not proud of, but he stood up to his past when the time came, not minding the consequence. I am rating this book 4 out of 4 stars because of the author’s excellent use of several literary techniques to create an intriguing plot and because I found it captivating. Also, the book was well edited, as I noticed only a few grammatical errors.

Furthermore, there is nothing to dislike about the book. The characters were well structured, and the author’s careful effort to create a fantastic plot was seen and appreciated.

In conclusion, readers will learn worthy lessons about what it means to stay true to a course. It will also provide an insight into what it means to be tactful and resourceful. I recommend this book to people who love the military lifestyle and wish to know more about how it operates.

Terminal Call
View: on Bookshelves
Okoye Chinonso+
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

I learnt from a novel (the 48 laws of power) how to take people as they come; never trust anyone and never expect anything. :techie-reference:
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Okoye Chinonso+
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

2nd the murder mystery book I've seen today. And just like the first and every other murder mystery book out there, I love every one of them; so as enough thrill and suspense are there.
Thanks for the lovely review, it brought the captivating part of the book out.
I've got to give it a try.
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Christopherio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopherio.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Christopherio »

Loyalty and betrayal are two traits that can be hard to recognise and they always come as a surprise. Thanks for the review. I look forward to the book and it's alluring storyline.
Chinenye Achilike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-achilike.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Chinenye Achilike »

Betrayal is a painful experience that you don't wish even for your enemy. I would have preferred the book to have been written as one instead of dividing it into three as this could tire one out.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Flinx's Folly
Bookshelf Size: 419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Three Bullets by Charles Alexander
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by NetMassimo »

I really do not like the military lifestyle but this novel has a storyline that seems intriguing to me. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”