Review of Demon Freaks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
creatived18
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-creatived18.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Review of Demon Freaks

Post by creatived18 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Demon Freaks" by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Demon Freaks is a fictional book by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison. The book is a horror that included comedy and this made the book interesting to read. The fate of four young adults is at stake just a day before their SAT exams.

Ron and Bing were the Slaughter twin who had a band that comprises Meat as the drummer and Kaitlyn as the keyboardist. They all liked to have fun but had SAT exams scheduled for the next day. Their history teacher had a poor opinion and had no faith in the group to pass their exam. The twin had no option but to pass as that will mark the beginning of their chosen career. A failure in the exam meant they would have to work with their parent at McDonald, a job which they hate. The band members met at Meet’s cabin, the venue of their rehearsals, to engage in a group reading. While waiting for Kaitlyn at Meat’s cabin, the town witnessed a sudden blackout. They started investigating, and that led them to battle for their survival against strange powers.

I love the way the author allowed the childishness in the young adult to be visible. This made the book relatable to me. The author balanced the horrific part and the comedic part, and they worked together perfectly. I enjoyed the uniqueness the author put into this book, especially the part in which he included the shared thoughts between the mysterious dagger and Meat. This part was interesting to read. So many scenes made me smile and laugh to myself. One of these scenes was the part the author talked about Kaitlyn and her love for water, which always makes her late for everything. The book contains characters that were interesting to read about and a plot well developed and easy to follow. I enjoyed reading the characters of the four friends as they loved each other to the extent they were ready to fight for survival together. These were the things I enjoyed in this book.

There was nothing to hate in this book. It has an interesting storyline with a lot of plot twists. These twists were unexpected and made it fun to read. I was at the edge of my seat throughout the book. It was also exceptionally edited with no errors noticed.

I will rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I found no reason to deduct any star, as it was a good read. This book is a great read for teens and older readers who like to read funny and horror books.

Demon Freaks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”