Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
iamgeorgeblessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamgeorgeblessing.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by iamgeorgeblessing »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

EMP Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer is an excellent and exciting fictional novel. It tells the tale of the honeymoon of Kelly McBride and Tom Turbulo, which later turns out to be a mission to save the world.

The married couple, Kelly McBride and Tom Turbulo, decided to have their honeymoon in a resort in Honduras, Central America. While on a tour of the area, Kelly visited a gift shop called The Pigsty. She innocently shops for the perfect piggy toy for her nieces and nephews. Accidentally, she discovers a high-tech secret lab behind the shop. Thus begins their adventure on the island, as Kelly immediately informs Mike and Tom of her discoveries. Together with their friends, Kelly and Tom investigate the mystery surrounding The Pigsty. This investigation triggers many events that will determine the fate of the world. Does the world's future lie in the hands of these individuals or some other unlikely heroes?

The book is very captivating, as it compels the reader to read it all in a sitting. It is also very suspenseful and engaging. In the book, there was a picture of the solar flare from 2012. The chapters were perfect in length and number, as they were not too tiring to bore the reader. The author added a list of the characters that followed how they appeared in the book. I enjoyed the addition of a teaser at the beginning of the book. This told more about what was to happen in the story. A list of other books written by the author was added at the end of the book. The author also added an excerpt from the Cyber War novel. It gives the reader a piece of another captivating story. Also included in the book are the sources and research materials used. This book can be read either as a stand-alone or part of a series.

My favorite thing about the book was how the author told different events that had happened in other places simultaneously without it being confusing to the reader. The minor and major characters were well developed. The characters were very likable, and they felt alive. The author's writing style is also adorable. For these reasons, I rate EMP Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer a 4 out of 4 stars.

The book was professionally well edited, as I only noticed one grammatical error. I found this book very satisfying to read. There was not a single thing I disliked about the novel.

I recommend this novel to individuals who enjoy adventurous stories full of suspense. Lovers of crime and action novels will also find this book fascinating.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
lilianchikasi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilianchikasi.html
Latest Review: From A Whore to a Whousewife by Felicia Cobbs

Post by lilianchikasi »

I enjoyed the romance, the action, and the mystery. I didn't really enjoy the character build up but it was an interesting book to read. It was also an educative book especially in the science area. It really is a suspense filled book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”