Review of Devil Among Us

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TheGayOne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thegayone12.html
Latest Review: Tarja Titan by TC Marti

Review of Devil Among Us

Post by TheGayOne12 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Devil Among Us" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick is an action-packed novel that starts with a devious bombing at a synagogue in Brooklyn, New York. Yom Kippur is a beautiful service that comes crashing down when hundreds are slaughtered. Lara Edmonds and Uri Levin are back yet again, and they are tasked with uncovering the person behind the bombing of the synagogue. At first, everyone seems to be baffled because it seems like the church itself set this up. Nevertheless, the truth will come out, and it will be much more sinister than we all thought. Are you ready to jump into this one and take on this dangerous mission?

While this is a second novel, it can be read as a standalone. You don't have to have any previous knowledge of the characters because it is a story that stands on its own.
Laura and Uri are both characters that I love to read about. Having read about them previously, I thought I knew everything about them, but upon reading this, I now realise I was wrong. They're both very complex characters with deep personalities that you will uncover little by little. Even though the novel deals with such topics, the author made sure to include some humour to make it easier for us to read. Besides humour, there's also a nice dose of romance that I appreciated.

It is definitely a novel in which the action doesn't stop. When you thought you'd figured it all out, and our characters would have some peace now, you will quickly find that you're wrong. There are twists all around, and they will make you want to read this novel pretty much in one sitting.

When I picked this up, I knew there wouldn't be any negative things I could bring up about it. It's a quick book that you can fly through, and it can be read in one sitting. I feel like it would be the perfect book for people who feel like they're in a reading slump. I'm awarding this novel a four out of four stars.

I would like to go on recommending it to people who like books that just don't stop. People who like suspenseful thrillers that will get your heart pounding, this one was written for you. Besides that aspect, it's also one with nice character work, so if you like well-developed characters, make sure you give this one a try.

Devil Among Us
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
zekgeh
Currently Reading: Dark Matter Empire (Book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zekgeh.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by zekgeh »

Jack Winnick's books have always been amazing, and this is no exception. I'm sure I would enjoy reading this. Great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”