Review of Run, Run, Baby

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Review of Run, Run, Baby

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Run, Run, Baby" by Gitte Tamar.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Run, Run, Baby by Gitte Tamar is a horror story about child abuse. Chloe is a meek child that shows signs of malnutrition and neglect. Chloe's kindergarten teacher notices her shadowed eyes and dirty blonde hair and her mother's abusive behavior when she picks her up from school. The school volunteer, who makes sure the students leave with the correct parent, sees Chloe's mother verbally and physically abuse her when she gets in their car. Chloe lives in fear and has daydreams and nightmares of monsters. She remembers happier times when her parents loved her and played with her and her little brother, Timothy, and she does not understand why everything has changed. Music from their record player, the schoolroom clock, living room, basement, and kitchen contain monsters she fears. Do the school personnel have an obligation to report abuse? What kind of impact will this abuse have on the children's future?

Gitte Tanner does an excellent job relating this story from Chloe's perspective at the same time as she reveals what the other characters are thinking. Her descriptions of the monsters are spot on with descriptive phrases like "its tone mimics a person's voice after consuming too much helium." These descriptions allowed me to visualize the different monsters and how they impacted Chloe and Timothy's lives and invoked their fear. The author has included phrases that can help someone become a better person. For example, Mrs. Shelly, the kindergarten teacher, tells her class that "kindness is contagious" when they laugh at Chloe.

Although this book contains horrifying and realistic details about child abuse, there was not anything I disliked about this book. This book has a fast-paced and smooth-flowing plot that was easy to read and kept me turning the pages.

This is a well-written book with only a handful of errors, which tells me it has been professionally edited. For this reason, I am giving this book 4 out of 4 stars. There is no reason to rate this book any lower.

I recommend this book to mature readers over 18 years of age who enjoy reading crime thrillers or horror stories. Non-borderline profanity and children's verbal, physical, and sexual abuse are inappropriate for younger or sensitive readers. The verbal and physical abuse is heavily descriptive, but the sexual abuse is only alluded to a few times and is not descriptive. Victims of child abuse will probably want to avoid this book as it may be a trigger for them.

Run, Run, Baby
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Immaculate K 6
Currently Reading: Two Faces of Janus
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Immaculate K 6 »

Being abused by ones own parents is heartbreaking. Knowing very well that they are the ones who should love you more than anyone else in the world since they brought you to this world. But having someone like Chloe's teacher gives hope to the abused. Am looking forward to knowing what impact the abuse had on Chloe and her brother, so am definitely going in for this book.
Thanks, that was a great review.
Manas Ranjan Mishra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manas-ranjan-mishra.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Manas Ranjan Mishra »

The name of the book is quite appealing. Will try this book. Thanks for your insights and review.
Sharing is caring. :greetings-wavingyellow:
Kehinde Hussein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kehinde-hussein.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Kehinde Hussein »

I sometimes don't understand why parents become abusive towards their children. They don't often understand that this takes a huge toll and the child's development and sanity. Its awful.
John korir
Favorite Book: Sandra Eden's War
Currently Reading: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit?
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-korir.html
Latest Review: Marco Martinez by R M Allan

Post by John korir »

child abuse is a sensitive topic to be ignored, especially to children who are affected by diseases and malnutrition. The review has trigger my mind and I have to read the book. Thanks for the review
Uchechukwu Fortune Njoku
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchechukwu-fortune-njoku.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Uchechukwu Fortune Njoku »

A child should never be abused. Least of all, by her parent? I like that the book throws light on this subject of child abuse in the family which is often overlooked. Thanks, for the excellent review.
Laww
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laww.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Laww »

Most of us aspire to be parents at some point in our lives. This book is centered around child abuse from parents, which is such an important issue among our communities.
Pauline Parnell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Beyond the Clouds, the Sky is Blue
Bookshelf Size: 517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pauline-parnell.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Pauline Parnell »

Child abuse is a cancer in the society. There are so many occurrences, each one beaks my heart in a thousand pieces. Lets us all endeavour to root it out wherever we sees it. Thanks for this review.
Tanvir100
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tanvir100 »

It's awful to be molested by one's own parents. Knowing full well that, as the ones who brought you into this world, they are the ones who should love you more than anybody else. The title of the book seems intriguing. I'll give this book a shot.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Interesting storyline. I'll like to know how it turned out for Chloe. Hopefully, she was able to scale through. Great review.
Themmie10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themmie10.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Themmie10 »

This is an interesting plot. It's disheartening to see your mother being abusive towards you. A mother is supposed to be a child's haven, it's a pity it is not that way for Chloe.
Lucy Jerop
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lucy Jerop »

This book is an interesting one,it's saddenning to see a mother being cruel to their own child.This book is best read by 16 years old and above
Sharon Christanto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-christanto.html
Latest Review: The path from backpack to briefcase 2nd. idition by R. William Holland, PhD
Reading Device: B09N3YBXCN

Post by Sharon Christanto »

Thank you for the trigger warning. Despite the detailed description of physical and verbal abuse, I still want to read this novel
Cherus
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Cherus »

Child abuse has been Soo high in each country , many children are passing this abused from their own so they are confuse who to trust.we should all try to educate parents effects of child abuse
Oliver Kalowela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Oliver Kalowela »

Child abuse has become the talk of the day nowadays. Children suffer mental problems and this has an implication on their upbringing. To others, Child abuse a serious Public concern which has brought confusion in the lifestyle of children in the society. Thank you for your good review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”