Review of The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dominique M 5
Currently Reading: Mirrored Sword Part One
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominique-m-5.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Review of The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by Dominique M 5 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The novel, The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami, is a fast-paced story full of mystery, love, and suspense. Angela Renatus has landed a very sought-after internship at the Getty Museum. Shortly after, she starts to experience strange and inexplicable dreams. These dreams are slowly disrupting her life and she is not sure what she can do to stop them. She is asked by detective Alex Caine to help him retrieve a painting believed to be an undiscovered Leonardo Da Vinci original. After an unfortunate meeting with her current boss, Dr. Alberto Scordato, Angela agrees to help Alex in his investigation. This decision is the turning point for not only Angela’s and Alex’s relationship but is the first step to beginning to understand the dreams that are plaguing Angela. During the novel, we follow the couple as they navigate their growing attraction to one another and the nefarious plot of another party that wants the missing Da Vinci painting.

I loved this novel. I honestly could not put it down once I started reading. Angela and Alex are characters that you can’t help but fall in love with. The author took the time to build a fun and loveable relationship between the couple. I found myself rooting for them throughout the book and enjoying the scenes depicted. On the search for the painting, we get to explore some of the sites in Italy. I loved how the author described the locations and I could picture them clearly in my mind.

The flow of the story was seamless. Even with Angela experiencing dreams, there was never a time when I was confused about what was happening. The dream scenes are so important to the novel and were exactly what was needed to add to the suspense of the story.

Alex and Angela are tied to each other in more ways than one, and I enjoyed reading about their love story. I would caution those who are not too big on explicit love scenes. There are a few scenes in the novel, but they are tastefully done, and you can honestly sense the true love and passion between Angela and Alex.

I could not find anything that I did not like about the novel. The book seemed to be professionally edited, as I did not find any errors.

I would give this novel 4 out of 4 stars. The mystery, romance, drama, and historical elements had me turning pages nonstop! I would recommend this novel to adults who love romance, suspense, and history.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”