Review of Sanctuary

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ivy Katherine M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Re: Review of Sanctuary

Post by Ivy Katherine M »

This story has so many layers. At its core, it’s about choices; what choices we make, and how that directs your path in life. A major theme is obsession and what we choose to obsess on. The townspeople are obsessed with the football team winning. The media is obsessed with their story. Certain people are obsessed with other people. This obsession leads to stress and this need to unplug and get away, trying to find a safe place .
STabassum
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stabassum.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by STabassum »

This is such an insightful review. It will be interesting to read about the trials and tribulations faced by Tom and his achievements at the end.
Juliette1812
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliette1812.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Juliette1812 »

Kathy was never really there for him, really want to know how his relationship with the new woman works out,definitely going to check the book out. Great and comprehensive Review!
Janelydia Mwangi
Currently Reading: Bugs, Weeds, and Water
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelydia-mwangi.html
Latest Review: Surviving Life As An Actor by Jerry a. Greenberg
Reading Device: Android

Post by Janelydia Mwangi »

The urge to read the book begins with the cover page. The title itself in reference to a safe or holy place creates more curiosity. The title is pitched on the field that is green connected by a road that begins on a dry area and on the sides is dry grass( a journey that is in a hopeless area no vegetation at all) at the end is the hope in the game's pitch. Thus raises more rhetorical question about who began the journey from the unknown to a hopefully area as the sun gives it's light at the horizon at the end of the pitch. A must read.
Evelynade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evelynade.html
Latest Review: The Dream Keepers by Linda Keen

Post by Evelynade »

Tom seems like an interesting character and, i kind of feel sorry for him. It would be great to have his wife standing by his side, but, life isn't always a walk in the park.
Like everyone, i too would like to know who this new woman is and what she has to offer Tom.
Helizabeth_heli
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Helizabeth_heli »

I really do hope and pray Tom has special powers.I am looking forward to reading this book.
Ewoenam Afetsi
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Ewoenam Afetsi »

Tom has a lot on his hands and I would love to know how he handles it.Great review!
Faith - Benny Any
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-benny-any.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Faith - Benny Any »

Tom and his family really passed through a lot. In fact, events that unfolded makes me want to read this book. Thanks for a great review.
randy1ng

Post by randy1ng »

The review is super and I will really like to know how he was able to handle his wife and kids on the long run and what transpired between him and the new woman.

The book will definitely be a great read
king_jerecarl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by king_jerecarl »

Well this books has alot of meaning but I guess I learnt something,i feel like the author wrote this based on their experience in friction form
Sharon Christanto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-christanto.html
Latest Review: The path from backpack to briefcase 2nd. idition by R. William Holland, PhD
Reading Device: B09N3YBXCN

Post by Sharon Christanto »

Fast-paced story is surely one way to keep the readers entertained. Based on your synopsis, seems like this novel is well-written (only need more proofreading).. I think I should add this to my reading list
Nancy Anene

Post by Nancy Anene »

I love complicating stories because you never know what drama is going to happen next...Tom's wife left with his two kids because she was selfish and left him broken then boom another woman comes into his life and I feel a drama coming and the issue with his power is so intriguing I can't wait to read this book and find out what happens in Tom's life.
Chaunz
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Chaunz »

I have learned that religion can defines who you really are and your beliefs. I shows you how to treat people and how to behave. thanks
prabhas_satti

Post by prabhas_satti »

A thorough and authentic review. It seems a fast-pace story. I enjoy the idea that there aren't 'factual dumps', but rather an incorporation of facts that seem to seep into the story as opposed to being thrown on the reader.
I was worried that his wife leaving would spoil the story, but I enjoyed how you picked up the pace of the review with the intrigue and mystery that is to follow; I almost forgot about his domestic troubles!

Well written, and I look forward to reading the book some day.
Adeoti Olayinka
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Adeoti Olayinka »

Just worried about toms wife Kathy because she would be in the losing end for leaving behind his husband due to some circumstances

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”