Review of The DrugTech Trilogy

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Theresam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresam.html
Latest Review: Emergence collective by Joseph S Hallett

Review of The DrugTech Trilogy

Post by Theresam »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The DrugTech Trilogy" by Marcel Victor Sahade.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade contains three separate books. Each book contains a collection of suspenseful short stories. Each story is independent, however, there is a common theme woven through the stories. The common theme is the pharmaceutical company called DrugTech. DrugTech employs many scientists working on different projects. They are researching to cure diseases and developing new scientific inventions. However, DrugTech is more concerned about making money than anything else.

Each story focuses on people or places with some relevance to DrugTech. Some of the more prominent characters reappear in stories. For example, in the first book of the trilogy, two college friends meet again after many years. One of the friends has created a Trans Warp Inducer. It is still in the testing stages; however, this invention could change the world. It can physically move objects from point A to point B. Discussions of this invention appear repeatedly throughout the three books in this trilogy. It is interesting to see how it moves through the development stages and is discussed by the scientists at DrugTech. I can’t provide too much detail about the invention without divulging spoilers.

I enjoyed reading this book. Each story was unique, and the author consistently provided an unexpected twist to each story. These surprise endings created a suspenseful reading experience. Even when I knew a twist was coming, I couldn’t anticipate what it would be. I liked the interwoven stories the most in this book. Minor characters in one short story would reappear in another story to provide additional background. The author was very creative in the way he connected the stories.

I also liked the scientific aspects of the book. The experiments and discoveries are explained in detail. This was very satisfying to me as a reader. When the thought processes of the scientists were explained, it made the discoveries and inventions seem real. Even the hierarchy within DrugTech was realistic. Ultimately management would decide which projects to continue and which projects to discontinue based on profits. The relationships between the older scientists and the younger scientists were also interesting. The older scientists provided guidance or warnings based on their experiences with the company. There was nothing I disliked about this book.

I recommend this book to readers who enjoy short stories, especially science fiction. It would also appeal to readers who enjoy suspenseful novels. Each chapter can be read as a separate story; however, they build on one another to focus on the common theme of DrugTech. I saw less than ten errors, so I believe the book was professionally edited. I found this book to be very suspenseful and enjoyable to read. For the reasons stated, I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. It is deserving of a perfect score because it is very creative and expertly provides unexpected connections between the different stories.

The DrugTech Trilogy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Harsh Soni 3
Favorite Book: How To Be Successful
Currently Reading: My Life Journey in the New York Supreme Court
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harsh-soni-3.html
Latest Review: God is a Verb by Lynn Keller

Post by Harsh Soni 3 »

I like reading the short stories especially which is unpredictable. And this book seems perfect for me. Thanks for your informative review.
Raymond N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymond-n.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi
2022 Reading Goal: 100
2022 Goal Completion: 13%

Post by Raymond N »

I'm not certain I'm a fan of Drugtech. Thanks for the review.
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Apple 7 »

I Very insightful and explanatory review...nice work
Nomcebo_0619
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nomcebo-0619.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nomcebo_0619 »

This book seems time-worthy, thanks for an excellent review.
Pencrafter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pencrafter.html
Latest Review: Wrath of Justice by Denna Holm

Post by Pencrafter »

The book cover and title got my attention. Thank you for your amazing review.
Nwadinso Okoro
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-okoro.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Nwadinso Okoro »

This is a trilogy of suspense-filled stories. I've always loved reading trilogies, and I'm sure that this one would be a good read. The book involves Tech, drug, and money. Good plot. Thanks for your review.
Asiaa Szn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asiaa-szn.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
2022 Reading Goal: 10
2022 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Asiaa Szn »

This is a nice review but I'll pass on reading this.
Duha Khan
Currently Reading: Rise of the Antichrist
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Duha Khan »

I love almost any story that involves drugs, scientists and undeveloped science experiments. I've written a story with many of the same elements in it. Will check it out.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Emergence
Bookshelf Size: 269
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Family Business by James Jack Fauser
2022 Reading Goal: 57
2022 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by NetMassimo »

I reviewed the first book of the trilogy and I liked it, so I read the following books when they were published. I appreciated how the stories formed a consistent bigger picture, like the pieces of a mosaic. That picture addressed a number of ethical and moral issues, so there's also some food for thought. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”