Review of Accountability

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: Ditching The Ugly Suit by Ed Christiano

Review of Accountability

Post by Ria710 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Accountability" by Bob Price.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

After spending 15 years in prison, Leo Priest gets a second chance at life. Or does he? 15 years of his life was wasted because the real murderer didn’t want to take the blame for their actions. Priest gets a deal from his former boss that can change his life for the better. But he has already made up his mind, and that is to seek revenge. Priest now has 24 hours to find the killer or be potentially killed. Will he successfully complete his mission? Read Accountability by Bob Price to find out.

I had a great time reading this book. From the very first page, I was hooked. Since the story is taking place over a period of 24 hours, I found it to be fast-paced. At 177 pages long, it doesn’t take long to read it. Despite the book being short, Price did a good job in developing Priest’s character. I will admit, his personality could have been explored more, but I won’t complain because of the length of the book. The book was very simple to read and understand. I like that the story is written from a third-person point of view because it allowed me to see the perspective of different characters.

There are a couple of things that I disliked about the book. Firstly, I would have liked the book to be longer, so that the other characters could have time to develop. For example, we get introduced to ‘Puss in Boots’ earlier in the story, and then we never hear from her again. I understand she was not needed in the story, but I think she was an interesting character that really brought out a different side of Priest.

Secondly, the feeling I had when I first started reading the book disappeared as I read more. I felt like Priest didn’t have any complex hurdles that he had to face, and for this reason, I no longer felt the suspense that I did at the start. I think this could have been solved with a couple of twists and turns in the story.

Overall, I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because of the reasons I stated above. I did find a few mistakes, but these didn’t take anything away from the main story. I recommend this book to adults who enjoy reading mystery books. If you’re someone that is looking for a quick read, then I also suggest you check this out.

Accountability
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Pencrafter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pencrafter.html
Latest Review: Wrath of Justice by Denna Holm

Post by Pencrafter »

I wonder if Priest actually found the killer within 24 hours. Thank you for this amazing review.
Nwadinso Okoro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-okoro.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by Nwadinso Okoro »

Most people do not get the opportunity of second chance which is why it's important that those who get it make use of it wisely. Leo has been given second chance to life, and he has decided to embark on a revenge mission. I would love to read this book so as to know if he succeeded. Thanks for your review.
beauri21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beauri21.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by beauri21 »

This book about a second chance at life must be very interesting. I'd love to read this once I get the chance, it must be filled with pertinent life lessons. Nice review, kudos!
Hussein21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hussein21.html
Latest Review: Darksoul by L. Brooks
2022 Reading Goal: 250
2022 Goal Completion: 3%

Post by Hussein21 »

I love murder mysteries! It's one of my favorite genres and I think I will enjoy this book!
Latest Review: Darksoul by L. Brooks
Duha Khan
Currently Reading: Rise of the Antichrist
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Duha Khan »

I love books when there's is a time crunch. Face-paced books are my thing. However, I also like to make a bond with the main character, so I feel a little doubtful about the book since Priest's personality is not explored enough. A fully developed main character always makes the story entertaining.
Chinenye Achilike
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Chinenye Achilike »

It was unfair holding Leo Priest accountable for a crime he didn't commit. I hope he achieved his mission.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Emergence
Bookshelf Size: 269
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: Family Business by James Jack Fauser
2022 Reading Goal: 57
2022 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by NetMassimo »

I'd expect an insense novel considering its plot but it seems it doesn't completely deliver that kind of intensity and suspense. Regardless, thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”