Review of Panic in the Jungle

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Michael Jerry_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: A Big Blue Boat by Susea Spray

Review of Panic in the Jungle

Post by Michael Jerry_ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Panic in the Jungle" by Lena Lee.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Lena Lee is the brilliant writer who wrote Panic in the Jungle. She is a multi-talented woman who enjoys spending time with family and friends. She has written several short stories that I would love to read because I enjoyed reading Panic in the Jungle.

It all began when Sierra and her friends planned their vacation in Aruba. Chloe, Jenelle, and Lisa were all excited to get away from home, work, and family. The plan was to relax and also to forget about work while being surrounded by luxury. They got first-class tickets and headed for their hotel in Aruba. The women didn’t know that they had gotten on the plane that would change their lives forever. They soon find themselves in the middle of the jungle. How did this group of successful women end up in the jungle? Will they survive? The only way to understand what happened is to read this book.

Lena Lee is a bold writer. She has meticulously crafted vibrant characters, and she introduces them in a way that I feel like I would enjoy their company if I ever met them. Lena also writes straightforwardly with very simple words. She managed to avoid giving too many details while still painting a vivid image of what was happening in every scene. A good example is how she described the jungle as the girls walked through it. I could feel the discomfort of the rain and how urgent it was for the ladies to get to safety. My favorite character was Ellen McAllister because of her humility and gentle nature. Also, her relationship with her son, George, was beautiful.

I was also amazed at the author's ability to write such an eventful book in less than 300 pages. The only issue I had with this book was the lack of suspense. Nothing surprised me, so I wished that the author put more effort into keeping me on the edge of my seat. Also, I would have preferred it if the book title was more inclusive of the series of events that occurred throughout the rest of the book. Thankfully, the issues I had with this book didn’t affect my reading experience like I thought it would.

I believe this book received exceptional editing from a professional. Also, I didn’t come across any misused or misspelled words. I rate this 4 out of 4 stars because I believe Lena did an excellent job, and my reading experience was great. I recommend this book to adults over the age of 18 who like dramas involving abduction and adventure. This is a short and interesting book, and I think it is perfect for keeping someone busy during their free time. However, I wouldn’t advise letting the younger ones read this book because of the profanities in it.

Panic in the Jungle
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Taana Ueh
Currently Reading: Rise of the Savior
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taana-ueh.html
Latest Review: No Dark Clouds by R W Nelson

Post by Taana Ueh »

How ironic! They seek convenience but end up in a jungle. Although fictional, that's life for you- bringing the unexpected to your doorstep.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

Adventurous dramas are usually interesting to read. Great review you have here. Well done.
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Post by José Cortez »

Lena is an amazing author. I would definitely love to see this book.
NwakorVian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwakorvian.html
Latest Review: The Weed Lady by Shea R Embry

Post by NwakorVian »

A book talking on an adventure and capturing how life is not a bed of rose. It's worth my time.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

It seems like something mysterious happened to the protagonists for them to end up in the jungle. I'm curious to see what's happened to them. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Nwadinso Okoro
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-okoro.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy (series) by Claire Youmans

Post by Nwadinso Okoro »

Panic in the jungle seems like an adventure to me. It involves four friends that are determined to have a vacation but something goes wrong which results to panic. I'm sure that this book would be a good read for me. Thanks for your review.
beauri21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beauri21.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by beauri21 »

A book about adventure is definitely one I'd love to ready soon. Superb review,well done.
Ewoenam Afetsi
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Ewoenam Afetsi »

I admire your blurb and how you say Lena puts her book in simple words is simply great because it can cover a widerange of readers.
Duha Khan
Currently Reading: Rogue Justice
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Duha Khan »

When I read the title, I didn't think they were literally talking about a Jungle. I thought they were using it as a metaphor. Well, how interesting. A group of women stranded in a Jungle. Wonder how this'll play out.
Gifty_biblophile
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gifty-biblophile.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Gifty_biblophile »

I find the tittle of this book interesting and would also love to find out how the group of women survived. Thanks for the beautiful review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”