Review of Why Not Tomorrow?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Review of Why Not Tomorrow?

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Why Not Tomorrow?" by Jeff R. Spalsbury.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Why Not Tomorrow? begins with startling news. Don Sherwood’s unexpected demise came with another shock for his best friend, Ethan Grayson, a 43-year-old college professor. Ethan is the beneficiary of a fortune of 2.1 billion dollars. It might sound like good news, but it’s not. The former professor discovers that becoming a billionaire overnight comes with a price; taking essential decisions regarding the Sherwood Investments company and “The Palace,” a vast estate with 18 bedrooms, will keep him very busy. Fortunately, the loyal staff is there to guide him.

Ethan hears some disturbing rumors that his dear friend’s death was not natural, so he starts investigating the strange circumstances that led to his abrupt lifestyle change. The first suspects are Don’s children; however, they are in prison due to some grave past mistakes that involved their father’s new lover. Buckler might be involved; he is an arrogant and mediocre lawyer hired by Joyce, Don’s older daughter. Read the book if you are curious to discover what happened to Don!

I loved the optimistic tone of the book and the fact that almost all the characters were good guys. Ethan offers tax-free 15,000 checks to everyone, friend or foe. The author also tried to educate about the dangerous effects of drug abuse and advocated for moderate alcohol consumption. The writing style was easy to follow, and the book was professionally edited since I found only 2 minor punctuation errors.

However, too much of a good thing can become a negative. At some point, everything became too rosy, and I felt like being in a Disney movie, especially in the second part of the book. The characters were underdeveloped and unrealistic; they didn’t look like real people. Don’t expect a mysterious book full of action because you might be disappointed. Still, the novel was not very predictable; it might surprise you once or twice.

Why Not Tomorrow? by Jeff R. Spalsbury deserves a rating of three out of four stars. Despite the slight dislikes mentioned above, I enjoyed reading the book, so I can’t lower the rating. It is a light novel that might be appealing to readers that enjoy cheerful plots and delightful happy-ending stories. Dog lovers and romance enthusiasts will certainly appreciate many scenes. Nevertheless, stay away if the drugs represent a trigger. Last, but not least, I have important advice: don’t read this book if you are in desperate need of money! It might make you feel worse.

Why Not Tomorrow?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

Interesting storyline. Readers who love romantic novels will find this really intriguing. Great review.
Raluca_Mihaila

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

JamesJaphet wrote: 11 Dec 2021, 07:59 Interesting storyline. Readers who love romantic novels will find this really intriguing. Great review.
Thank you for commenting!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm sure there is a price tag to becoming an overnight heir. However, I think I'd pay it. The estate sounds very interesting. In fact, the entire book sounds good. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Raluca_Mihaila

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

kandscreeley wrote: 11 Dec 2021, 15:23 I'm sure there is a price tag to becoming an overnight heir. However, I think I'd pay it. The estate sounds very interesting. In fact, the entire book sounds good. Thanks.
When you become a billionaire don't forget about us, your former OBC colleagues! A check of 15,000 dollars for each should be enough :lol2:
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

thanks for your recommendation. I am interested in reading this book. Despite it drug theme, lesson on moderate alcohol consumption can still be learnt. Thanks for the review.
Signature of Grace.
Lucy Vera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-v.html
Latest Review: Letter of Paul to the Americans by Nicholas F Mazza

Post by Lucy Vera »

Ethan is an exciting character and a good friend to have. I am looking forward to reading the rest of this book. What a review!
Raluca_Mihaila

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

GideonWrites Review wrote: 11 Dec 2021, 16:01 thanks for your recommendation. I am interested in reading this book. Despite it drug theme, lesson on moderate alcohol consumption can still be learnt. Thanks for the review.
Thank you for your visit. Enjoy the book!
Raluca_Mihaila

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Lucy V wrote: 11 Dec 2021, 18:00 Ethan is an exciting character and a good friend to have. I am looking forward to reading the rest of this book. What a review!
He is a good friend, indeed. I hope your will enjoy it!
Shivansh_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivansh-reviews.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Shivansh_Reviews »

I'm definitely interested to know more about the story. How did Don die and what did Ethan do to find it out. Thanks for the amazing review.
Raluca_Mihaila

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Shivansh_Reviews wrote: 12 Dec 2021, 14:29 I'm definitely interested to know more about the story. How did Don die and what did Ethan do to find it out. Thanks for the amazing review.
I hope you will enjoy the story! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

I'm very curious to find out what happened to Don. But I don't like the underdevelopment of the characters or the Disney move feel. Thanks for a honest review! :D
Hana_Fabro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hana-fabro.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Hana_Fabro »

If I was Ethan, I'll feel the same way as well; I would probably not be happy. I will also investigate what happened to Don. I want to read this book and find out what happened to him. Thanks for your lovely review.
Raluca_Mihaila

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Rashawn Carter wrote: 12 Dec 2021, 15:56 I'm very curious to find out what happened to Don. But I don't like the underdevelopment of the characters or the Disney move feel. Thanks for a honest review! :D
I hope you'll get the chance to find out! Enjoy :)
Raluca_Mihaila

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Hana_Fabro wrote: 13 Dec 2021, 00:53 If I was Ethan, I'll feel the same way as well; I would probably not be happy. I will also investigate what happened to Don. I want to read this book and find out what happened to him. Thanks for your lovely review.
Thank you for sharing!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”