Review of Corridors of Red

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chiwelite O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-o.html
Latest Review: Midway of Darkness by Deserie LaCrosse

Review of Corridors of Red

Post by Chiwelite O »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Corridors of Red" by Gary A James.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How far can one's skin color affect their livelihood? Can survival in a community you are born in be so tricky simply because you are black? Can hate for someone drive a person to any length to see their fellow human suffer?

Corridors of Red by Gary A. James is a fantastic book that seeks to inspire those falsely accused or wrongly sentenced to death or life imprisonment; Troy finds himself in similar conditions. While growing up, his life was not all that smooth and filled with loving childhood memories; they were, in fact, the opposite. Troy turns out to be a gang member, but despite this, he still has a compassionate heart for his fellow human beings and hates hurting people.

Troy, even when he was in prison, was optimistic that he would be free one day, but this hope was dashed when he was sentenced to death for first-degree murder on his retrial. Rubin, Troy's attorney, believes that justice must be done, not minding who is involved. He fights for Troy until he is eventually released after twenty years in prison. Did he later find peace, contentment, happiness, and satisfaction? Did Troy begin to see life from a different angle? Or did he not appreciate his freedom?

I found so many positive aspects of this book. I learned about the power of Hope and Faith. This book made me realize that to see things happen, one must have a strong belief that it would eventually happen. This book illustrates that no matter how people try to obstruct justice, it must prevail. Justice may be delayed but certainly not denied. Furthermore, this book proves that everyone is equal before the law, and no matter the offense a person is said to have committed, they deserve a fair hearing.

Honestly, I found no negative aspect of this book. I enjoyed everything about it; the author did a fantastic job with this one.

I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I gave this book a perfect rating because it is motivational, inspirational, and suspense filled. I found it both captivating and entertaining. I also found minimal errors in this book; it was professionally edited.

I recommend this book to everyone in search of hope. It is essential, as stated by Rubin's mother, to have God close to us constantly; he will multiply our best to produce maximum results. This book is also recommended to people seeking captivating and exciting books.

Corridors of Red
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: 422: by Danny Range

Post by T T 2 »

This sounds like an interesting read with a mix of drama and thriller. Thank you for the review!
Latest Review: 422: by Danny Range
J Edwards
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-edwards.html
Latest Review: Rising Like the Sun by Anita Joe

Post by J Edwards »

I sympathize with this Troy. It would be so disheartening to be behind bars for a crime you didn't commit. Hopefully his story will motivate others in similar situations. Thanks for the good review.
:character-bart:
“We don’t receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.”

French novelist Marcel Proust.
Fareed Regal
2021 Reading Goal: 10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fareed-regal.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by Fareed Regal »

I am very interested in finding out what happened to Troy after he was released. Your review was very good as you did not give any of that away, well done!
GideonWrites Review
2021 Reading Goal: 24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA

Post by GideonWrites Review »

This seems to promise a relaxing read. Knowing how the author will begin to see life after living prison is of importance to me. Thanks for sharing this
Signature of Grace.
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA
Clifford Munene
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Darksoul
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clifford-munene.html
Latest Review: Fragments by Bruce K. Berger

Post by Clifford Munene »

I guess there are many people incarcerated and serving time for crimes they did not commit. I also hope that these kinds of book reach our prison systems because that is where most of these people are. I find this author very thoughtful. Thanks for the great review.
meiafidaa_7
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meiafidaa-7.html
Latest Review: Manifesto for a Cancer Patient by Colleen Huber, NMD

Post by meiafidaa_7 »

Sounds interesting and motivating indeed *.* I like the mix of thriller and legal story. Thank you for the review
Farzy G3m+
2021 Reading Goal: 15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-farzy-g3m.html
Latest Review: The United States of Opioids by Harry Nelson

Post by Farzy G3m+ »

I can only imagine the pain troy went through and I am glad he got out. I will definitely check it out

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”