Review of Shattered Loyalties

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Montessori by M.M.Sasi

Review of Shattered Loyalties

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Shattered Loyalties" by Ellen W. Martin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Shattered Loyalties by Ellen W. Martin is a fiction that showcases the bitter reality of some people. The book offers an insight into the lives of political people and the demons they have. I found this story to be about revenge and karma. Our deeds, whether good or bad, never go unnoticed. The author has reflected this concept in the story through a blend of genres of murder, tragedies, hidden secrets, and dirty politics.

Dylan Randle gets appointed as the interim President of the United States after the sudden death of the former President. Dylan is also a candidate in the upcoming presidential elections and carries a considerable amount of support. But he has a past full of dirty deeds, which were once revealed by a strong-headed journalist, Pepper Mills. Pepper had to leave D.C. for her accusations against a politically strong personality and moved to New Orleans. Her career got shattered as well. After four years, Dylan is in New Orleans for his presidential campaign, and Pepper is ready to take this man down. But as the story goes on, more people get involved, and major secrets are revealed that can destroy Dylan. Will Pepper succeed in this life-threatening mission? What loyalties will shatter, leading to an unexpected turn of events concerning Dylan?

The book is not just about politics. It is about women's rights too. The readers will witness that women are condemned and degraded by men of power in this story. But they come up strong after facing hardships. There is murder, rape, kin turning on kin, life-shattering secrets, lies, and karma in this story. At first, every character has its own story and plotline going on. But as the story goes on, these different plots come together to form a single one.

The best thing about the story is the writing style of the author. The book is not only about a politician and a journalist. The author has executed every character of the story with equal depth. The readers can vividly imagine everything going on in the book. A very detailed insight into the minds of the different characters is what the author has given in this story. There is no chief character in the story; every character has played a dominant role. Honestly, there is nothing about the book that I dislike.

Coming to the editing part, I did spot several errors in the book, but nothing major to affect the reading experience. Also, there is profanity used in the book.

On the whole, I will gladly rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars read. The story is authentic, the characters are very realistic, and the action is gripping. The secrets are revealed beautifully at unexpected points in the story. Hence, the perfect rating. I will recommend this book to fans of political fiction. Readers who like to read about strong women fighting for what is right will also enjoy this book. Moreover, lovers of fiction with hidden secrets and mystery should try this book. I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did.

Shattered Loyalties
View: on Bookshelves
Latest Review: Montessori by M.M.Sasi
Rishi_reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rishi-reviews.html
Latest Review: Reflections of an Anxious African American Dad by Eric L. Heard

Post by Rishi_reviews »

A really interesting book it seems. And I always like a book about politics and the dark side. I am really curious to know it's contents. Thanks for the review.
Hhannahh
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hhannahh.html
Latest Review: Blesscipes by Jeanne Marie

Post by Hhannahh »

"Political people and the demons they have" is a strong catch clause, and I guessed correctly that it encompasses all the vices there are. This book appeals to me strongly, thanks to this compelling review. I also fancy the book's cover.
usef nahg
2021 Reading Goal: 10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-usef-nahg.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by usef nahg »

I really like how you wrote the synopsis!
Rohit Khanna
2021 Reading Goal: 25
Currently Reading: Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohit-khanna.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by Rohit Khanna »

Initially I thought it might be just a political thriller but your review lays out the themes of the book very clearly. The review is very helpful. Thanks!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”