Review of Precison

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of Precison

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Precison" by d.c. scott.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Precison by D. C. Scott is a book with a very rich plot. It's the first in a series of five books. There's so much drama in the characters' lives that it seems they always have one thing or the other happening to them. And the characters are pretty many, with details of their lives enriching the story.

Precison started with a retired police officer bored with his job and needed some excitement. He found it in unsolved murder/suicide cases. It became more interesting when he met a young man who claimed to know the victims' lives way back to over twenty-five years before he was born. Then began an intriguing story that gave details about the victims and several others who were a part of their lives. What looked like simple open and shut cases proved to be more than just that and worth further investigating.

I felt the book was a reflection of the author's heart. I would have thought it was an autobiography if not for facts about the main character that showed it couldn't be. But the tone of the book suggested a lot of the events probably happened in real life. I found it easier to believe that some of those events were real than just figments of the author's imagination. The book didn't hold much suspense for me, but the end got me sitting up with eyes wide open. It sure got me wanting to read the sequel to this book.

The book was fairly enjoyable. The author wrote with a good sense of humor. I couldn't help but notice his detailed descriptions of different sports: football, softball, biking, and swimming. The descriptions helped to enrich the plot. Athletes and sports lovers would probably love that aspect of the book. I also liked the details in the medical aspect. It's either the author was experienced in medicine or did thorough research on it.

For me, some parts of the storyline didn't connect properly. In some areas, one minute, the author would be talking from one character's perspective; the next minute, he would switch to writing from his perspective, then switch to another character's perspective and back to the first character. There was no defined pattern to doing this. It made the writing lack a certain level of consistency. Also, I considered the writing somewhat amateurish. The writer seemed to find it challenging to join compound words appropriately with a hyphen. Several other errors suggested the book needed thorough editing.

It's pretty tricky for me to rate this book because the author has an excellent plot but needs to polish his writing skills. I'll just leave it at 3 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to readers who love mystery, adventure, and romance, as the love story is quite touching.

Precison
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Uchechukwu Okereke
Currently Reading: The Aftermath Of The King
Bookshelf Size: 42

Post by Uchechukwu Okereke »

Thank you for your review. This seems like the kind of book I would enjoy. A book about crime and a character who either has premonitions or is a reincarnate of someone who lived through suffering. I am not the biggest fan however, of discontinued stories and since the author switches perspectives a lot, it originally seemed like a tough sell but I was sold on the information that the book was properly researched.
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

I guess I'll have an enjoyable read with this book. I always love humorous writing of plots. However, i regret the fact that the book gave you some tough times in reading due to the structure and writing inadequacy like the use of perspective. All in all I love reading this review.
Signature of Grace.
19blueofficial
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-19blueofficial.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by 19blueofficial »

Seems like an investigative book. I really love action and adventure mixed with drama.
Ahñ Mèiã
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ah-m-i.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

The cover is captivating and the story seems intriguing indeed 😍 added it to my TBR list. Thank you for the amazing review
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

The book seems interesting and enjoyable. But as you mentioned about the rich plot, I am not sure if that will be easy to understand without creating any confusion. A great review!
Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuebuka-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo »

I am reading a series book at the moment. I know how captivating they can be. I love this review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

Despite the flaws you pointed out and the fact that romance is not my thing, the mystery element seems intriguing to me. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”