Review of Why They Stay Silent

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Review of Why They Stay Silent

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Why They Stay Silent" by Sheila Rae.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Domestic violence/abuse is a terrible occurrence that is eating deep into many homes. It cuts across all personalities of women. Most women live like prisoners in their homes. The question is: who will fight for their liberty, considering the dangers and risks they would face if they try to? Why They Stay Silent by Sheila Rae is a crime fiction book that will enlighten readers on why it is difficult for women to escape from an abusive husband.

Reggie is a broken young woman who suffered molestation, abuse and escaped death in her husband's hand. She is traumatized and always haunted in her dream by her ugly past. But, her lovely dog, Suzie, becomes her friend, companion, and protector. Reggie and friends Abby, Michael, and John decided to establish an organization in memory of a dear friend who lost her life through domestic violence. They aim to rescue and help women in bondage reclaim their lives and eventually exit into a new future with power and confidence. This task isn't an easy one.

This organized and compassionate team embarked on a mission to help rescue Clarissa from a sadist husband who abused her. They succeeded in removing her from the hospital where she was receiving treatment after her husband's abuse. Now, the battle line is drawn, and every member of the group's life is in jeopardy because Ben, her husband, is out to track and bring down everyone who has a hand in his victim's/wife's escape. Would he succeed? Would Clarissa accept to fight for her future, or is she going to run back to Ben out of fear?

This book is a rollercoaster of twists and turns, and I was hooked and engrossed right from the prologue to the epilogue. The author did an exceptional job in this fascinating title. Her creativity was evident in developing this intriguing story and characters. Ms. Rae's powerful skill in narrating events made it easy for me to visualize all the actions in her story.

Furthermore, what I like most about this title is its characterization. The author developed lovable, active, and unique characters that are lifelike. Each of them played a significant role in making the story fascinating. These characters are relatable and easy to follow. I admired Reggie a lot. She was determined to fight the demons of her past, reclaim her life, and help other women regardless of the risk involved. She is indeed a survivor. Suzie, her dog, is another likable character. I don't own a dog, but I wish to have one like her. She is charming, protective, and motherly.

Additionally, I also appreciate the light romance that popped up towards the end of the story. It's lovely and helped calm all the suspense. Women who suffer from abuse would also learn how to take hold and control of their lives. I appreciate the message the author is trying to pass across. It should also serve as a wake-up call for the authorities to put adequate measures to secure and protect abused women and ensure that abusers get appropriate punishment.

In all honesty, I enjoyed reading this work of fiction. I even imagined seeing this title in the cinema. The 228-page book was well organized, fast-paced, addictive, emotional, and believable. It promotes teamwork, love, and unity among team members. There is absolutely nothing I dislike in this book.

All in all, Why They Stay Silent deserves a perfect rating of four out of four stars. I believe this book's editing is well-done since I encountered only a few minor errors in it. I highly recommend this book to adults who enjoy works of fiction, especially women who suffer from domestic violence in their homes. This book would strengthen and encourage them on how to lead a life of freedom.

Why They Stay Silent
View: on Bookshelves
Reema Aydieh
Currently Reading: Everyone in My Family Has Killed Someone
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reema-aydieh.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Reema Aydieh »

The message of this book is powerful and the characters are intriguing. This book is now one I want to read one day. Thank you for the review, I enjoyed reading it.
“Just keep swimming.”
Shivansh_007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivansh-007.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Shivansh_007 »

It is very common in India and many cases are reported of domestic violence here. This will be a good read for me as the author seems to be indian as well. Thanks for the insightful review.
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

This is a thoughtful review. The book would give me a relaxing moment while I'll be learning human behavior in this context of women suffering from domestic violence like Reggie.
Signature of Grace.
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

Reggie's character will be a role model for many of us here, and she will serve as another source of motivation. I'm ready to get into this one. Thanks for your review!^^
Joseph Togboe
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Joseph Togboe »

I’m so interested in what the author is talking about in this book.Such domestic violence on women is much common in nowadays and I think that it’s time to end such violence.The world is a family,both women and men are human beings and we must promote tolerance to live a peaceful life.
19blueofficial
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-19blueofficial.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by 19blueofficial »

This book can easily be related to what is happening in the world presently. Women are being abused on a daily basis and the worst thing they can do about it is just to keep shut. This book is a book of liberty.
Ugonna Nworka
Favorite Book: Can I Be Frank?
Currently Reading: Spirit-Controlled Temperament
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ugonna-nworka.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Ugonna Nworka »

Domestic violence cannot be over emphasized. Sadly, not every person who suffered from such violence, can bounce back to life, and use that experience to impact others. So, I must say that Reggie's character is commendable.

I love what the book stands for. This is a book I will sure love to read.
Thanks for this lovely review.
Julius J James
Currently Reading: Herculubus or Red Planet
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-james-1.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Julius J James »

Reggie and her friends decided to rescue Clarissa from a domestic violence. Ben a bad husband does not want to let her go. Domestic violence should be avoided in our homes. wonderful review!
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Seems to be a great read that sends out a strong message. I would give it a try, considering all the twists and turns you've mentioned :) Thank you very much for this insightful review!
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

The topic of this book is very sensitive. But I like when authors take the time to shed light on touching matters. Great review!
Chisom oguejiofor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Chisom oguejiofor »

This book's cover is screaming! As sad and scary as this story is, it is some people's reality. Great review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a terrific novel centered around a very serious issue that's still far too common, well developed in its plot and characters. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Immaculate06
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-immaculate06.html
Latest Review: ByTheWay by Dennis Santos

Post by Immaculate06 »

The book cover design gives a summary of the book entails. The hand with the whip gives the impression of an attacker that is inflicting pain on his prey. Reggie is an interesting character. Good review.
Liberty356
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liberty356.html
Latest Review: Faults by Orion Gregory

Post by Liberty356 »

Domestic violence is am cankerworm, ready to destroy most of the time women, I get to realize that, it not only women that suffered domestic violence. Men also do. I really love this review also. It encapsulate all what the book is all about.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”