Review of White Night

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Revina Estrada
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revina-estrada.html
Latest Review: The FBI Inspector by Jay Dubya

Review of White Night

Post by Revina Estrada »

[Following is a volunteer review of "White Night" by J.J. Holt.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A tragedy is coming. Hundreds of unsuspecting people could lose their lives in a single second delayed and it is up to Detective Jen Connors and her partner Detective Alan Ross to stop White Night’s fatal destruction before hundreds of lives will be lost … including theirs. J. J. Holt’s White Night is a mystery novel or also called detective fiction centering around Detective Connors and her partner Detective Ross as they hurdle through the case that, at the same time, tests their trusts to one another.

Having read the author’s biography, it is no surprise that he was able to relay the story in such a way that captures the readers’ interest and have them gripping the edge of their seat as they turn every page; eager to find out what will happen next. His experiences alone are enough to weave a story out of. What I like about the novel is that it shows you what is real. What I mean when I say what is real is that it doesn’t show you the usual theme that the lead character is always the friend of everyone; the one who is always supported. It also didn’t hide the fact that corruption can also affect even those who defend and instill the law.

However, even though the lead character is a “lone wolf” in the office before she was assigned her new partner, I appreciated the fact that the author did not make her completely alone in life. She has her friend, a neighbor of hers, who was willing to be there for her and to rescue her when she needs it. Every chapter of the book intertwines just right. It’s twists and turns presented at the right moments and unexpected turn of events suddenly happening.

Moving on to the sentence structure, grammar and spelling, it is absolutely pristine. I saw no errors as I go through every page. There are times when I had to read a chapter again to double check because I was engrossed in reading I sometimes forget to take note of it. It was also edited beautifully. There are no blank moments. Although, it would have helped if there is a table of contents so that the reader will know how many chapters there will be, but I don’t hold that against the author.

Having said all that, there is not a single thing I disliked about this book. I rate J. J. Holding’s White Night 4 out of 4 stars and would highly recommend this to avid readers of mystery novels and action thrillers. Especially those who are fond of novels that center around detectives and fast-paced stories.

White Night
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”