Review of Twisted But True

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
abigailjosep
Currently Reading: Seven Ways We Lie
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigailjosep.html
Latest Review: Twisted But True by Darren Burch
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review of Twisted But True

Post by abigailjosep »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Twisted But True" by Darren Burch.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Twisted but true by Darren Burch is a book that exceeded my expectations. I went into the book not expecting much, but the various encounters the author has written about are enough to keep you gripping your seat. From runaway cows to getting sprayed with bodily fluids to a bank robber decked out in disco apparel, I felt like I was on an emotional roller coaster the entire time.

Going into the book I didn’t know that it was a true crime book, but by reading the stories Darren Burch had written I felt like these sounded far too real to be made up. The book had me from sobbing my eyes out to rolling on the floor laughing many times. Through the various incidents which he had portrayed throughout the book, we are given an insight into a policeman’s life, one we don’t often see on the outside. The way the stories had been written makes you feel like you are watching a movie or something, it made me feel like I was right next to him watching everything unfold. The parts where Darren narrowly escaped getting killed kept me on the edge of my seat wondering what was to come next. I thought that the book would be hard to read but it was quite easy and very informative. The stories were all so heartwarming, heartbreaking, and shocking at the same time.

I liked how each chapter ended with a twist. This was where the author could reflect on "after-the-fact" humor and end the chapter on a light note. Also, there was always a perfect balance between serious and comedic stories, making me wonder which would come next and keeping me on my toes.

Overall I really enjoyed the book and in conclusion I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because I noticed quite a bit of grammatical errors. I recommend this book to anyone who loves reading true crime or who knows a police officer in real life as this would give you an insight as to what police officers go through on a daily basis. But I must say this is not a book to be read while you are eating or drinking because some of the stuff in it is very vivid and twisted.

Twisted But True
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”