Review of The Mystery Of Flight 2222

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
shamspradhan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shamspradhan.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review of The Mystery Of Flight 2222

Post by shamspradhan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Mystery Of Flight 2222" by Thomas Neviaser.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Mystery of Flight 2222 by Thomas Neviaser is a mystery thriller book about nine passengers who survive a crash-landing into the ocean. However, that turns out to be the least of their worries. The protagonist of the book is Frank Mason, a man who travels very frequently due to his job. On Flight 2222, he meets Helen Hampton, a woman who is not as seasoned a flyer as himself. To pass the time, they play a game in which they pick seven random people on the plane and try to guess things about their life; from their name and age to their jobs and life stories. It just so happens that the seven other people that survived the crash were all part of their game.

From the beginning, Neviaser has approached the characterization well for the nine passengers. He gives more information about them throughout the story which helps the audience understand more about the characters. He has also managed to explain the setting effectively. The descriptions about emotions, and the various situations were very written as well so it made it very enthralling to read. Personally, I felt like I was transported to the world of the story, which I think is very important for a book to accomplish. Every chapter’s end was suspenseful and left you wanting more. It was almost impossible to leave the book once you started reading it. The progression of events and emotions was very natural, the storytelling style was easy to understand and Neviaser definitely hit a jackpot with it. The characters’ feelings of desperation due to the crash as well as their subsequent actions were well explained and thought-through. These explanations definitely elevated the level of the book by making it fun to read as well as detailed where required. There were no unnecessary details included to ensure that the book was always suspenseful. The ending was very unexpected and unlike any I have ever read before. It was a very satisfying ending for me, especially due to the message that the reader is left with once the book is over.

This book is a perfect amalgamation of survival and mystery books. I think this book was so good that I couldn’t find any negative points.

Due to the above reasons, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I feel that this book deserves nothing less as it is a great read; the premise of the story is one that I have never heard of before and Nevaiser makes it work very well.

This book is most suited for teenagers and young adults. The message at the end is one that will leave these groups wondering many things and maybe make them better people. The language is mainly free of profanity and the suspense will interest these groups a lot. All in all, The Mystery of Flight 2222 is a great read if you are looking for a book that will keep you on the edge until the end. Thomas Neviaser has definitely shown his caliber when it comes to story writing and I’m sure his future books will be great too.

The Mystery Of Flight 2222
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
AvidBibliophile
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

It definitely sounds like this one includes plenty of suspenseful moments, especially when readers learn more about the private lives of each of the survivors as the plot moves along. Mysteries and mayhem take these passengers from the air to the ocean quickly! Thank you for your entertaining and insightful review. 🛩

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”