Review of Covet Not

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JonesLeeh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jonesleeh.html
Latest Review: Surgeon's Club by Paul G Lindsey

Review of Covet Not

Post by JonesLeeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Covet Not" by Errin P. Stowell.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Covet Not is a book by Errin P. Stowell about an attorney, Samuel Sparks, who has to disentangle himself from a messy situation that might send him to prison for a long time if he doesn't act fast! Sparks isn't doing well in his law career; he deals with any case that will pay bills. Sometimes he deals with unpaid cases.

While dealing with all that, Samuel has a hotheaded girlfriend, Gina Simmons, whom he has to keep up with. He has to handle all sorts of tantrums the lady throws at him. Hell breaks loose when Gina goes missing. Nonetheless, her immoral personality could lead her to the wrong side of the table anytime; if Gina can sleep with her boss to maintain her job, she's capable of much more. On the other hand, there's a serial killer on the loose with an atrocious fetish. He performs disgusting things with his victims that made me squirm in my chair. With Miss Simmons missing, Sparks becomes the number one suspect. He has to prove his innocence quickly.

I enjoyed following the court proceedings. They were so well-executed that I felt like I was in the courtrooms. The author is very adept at composing court-related affairs. The court dialect was formal, and so were the body language and general demeanor.

Additionally, Sparks and Peterson had a notable difference in their clientele. While the former dealt with low or medium-ranged clients, Peterson sailed in high waters, often smiling to the bank with enormous amounts of cash. Listening to them dispute in court felt like watching a law-based movie.

Errin does not miss out on the tiniest details during the narration. These elucidations created images in my mind that played like a fast-paced thriller film. I thoroughly enjoyed the humor I encountered. Though written in a mildly vulgar language, I chuckled at the light moments in the tale.

This fast-paced story evoked sad emotions in me at times. Some parts of the work have been set at Amber Meadows, a retirement facility with aging people battling different kinds of illnesses and disorders. For instance, Mary Olsen had Alzheimer’s, and her health was declining rapidly. She could not recognize her husband even while conversing with him.

I only found several errors; consequently, the book is professionally edited. There was nothing to dislike, and the installment was a masterpiece! Hence, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to crime thriller enthusiasts.

Covet Not
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Deprise Evans
Favorite Author: Francine Rivers
Currently Reading: Crazy Love
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deprise-evans.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6456

Post by Deprise Evans »

This sounds like an absolutely great read! I will have to add this book to my TBR list. Thank you for such a great review!
Elisa Joy Ocasla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elisa-joy-ocasla.html
Latest Review: Last Words from Above by Jeremy Brown

Post by Elisa Joy Ocasla »

Such an engrossing storyline, worthy of time commitment. A piece that will transcend you to a different time and place. Thanks for your review. Great job!
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

This sounds like an engrossing crime story,sounds interesting,nice review.
Niens Now
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Survival of Species
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-niens-now.html
Latest Review: Gardening With Guns by AJ Wootton

Post by Niens Now »

Is Sam involved in Gina's disappearance? Curiostity is getting the better of me, so I will be reading this book. Thanks for a great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Devalsodha
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-devalsodha.html
Latest Review: Evan and Friends Meet the Pirates by Chris Williams

Post by Devalsodha »

This book is a masterpiece, having an interesting storyline. The author has described each characters brilliantly and the scenes creates a visual picture of the situation.
The review is awesome.
Congratulations on Botd 🎉
Mtibza eM
2021 Reading Goal: 66
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Now They Have Drones
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: His Reason to Breathe by B. E. Stalter

Post by Mtibza eM »

I enjoy watching law dramas, and I think this book will expose me to a whole new different entity with its law aspect, especially in court room. I just wonder what does a serial killer has connection with some one with a struggling law career.
Mmg8464
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 604
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmg8464.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Mmg8464 »

At first, I thought it was a murder/suspense but thanks for enlightening me that this is a courtroom drama, which I love. Thanks for your review.
Julius James 1
2021 Reading Goal: 3
Currently Reading: Herculubus or Red Planet
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Julius James 1 »

I enjoyed the court proceedings. In fact the book is all about court related affairs. Samuel found himself in a Law career to deal with case bills. The book is nice!
AntonelaMaria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonelamaria.html
Latest Review: Hiding in Plain Sight: by Thomas LeBrun

Post by AntonelaMaria »

This seems like an intriguing court drama. It is always beneficial to the reader when the author piques his interest. Your review got my attention. I am weary of the sad elements of the story set in a retirement home. Great job with the review.
“Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.”
The Minpins by Roald Dahl
Clare Jose
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Favorite Book: Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
Currently Reading: Remarkably Intact
Bookshelf Size: 139
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clare-jose.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Clare Jose »

Today's book seem like an intriguing and suspenseful read. However, I am not a fan of crime thrillers and so will be skipping this one.
Thank you for your review.
Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile." - Mark Twain
Michelle Fred
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-fred.html
Latest Review: Burning Rage by Don Banting

Post by Michelle Fred »

Well-written crime dramas with psychological elements will always have a place in my heart. Well done to the author for creating such a vivid and enjoyable story.
BOOKNERD254
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booknerd254.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by BOOKNERD254 »

Law, thriller, murder and drama, sounds like an interesting book. Though I am not sure if it is my type of book so I may skip it. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Fahad Baibras
Currently Reading: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fahad-baibras.html
Latest Review: Living Abroad: Challenging the Myths of Expat Life by Jim Santos

Post by Fahad Baibras »

Why do people stay in a toxic relationship Even when there is nothing that stops them from walking away. On the top of it Samuel has to deal with low income as well. I would like to read this book.
Reema Aydieh
2021 Reading Goal: 10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reema-aydieh.html
Latest Review: Heirdom by Tayma Tameem

Post by Reema Aydieh »

You had my attention with this well-writing review! I enjoy reading crime thrillers and the story of this book sounds intriguing and suspenseful. I’d love to check it out.
“Just keep swimming.”

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”