Review of The Dead Man in the Tree

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of The Dead Man in the Tree

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Dead Man in the Tree" by Carol Prior.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If not for the storm in November that has come to lay bare what was meant to remain hidden under the roots of a tree, it would have remained a secret known to just three women and the small boy until they were all gone. What was hidden under the roots of a tree? How many other people got to know about this secret?

The Dead Man in the Tree was written by Carol Prior. It is a suspense-filled and intriguing fiction book that tells the story of a young girl left on the field and was taken away by another woman. The author, in the book, tells this young girl's journey from childhood to adulthood and her frantic search for her family around the world. In the course of this search, she gets to encounter certain dangers and find out some things she had not expected. In the end, did she find her family?

The suspense in this book would make its readers glued to it to the very end. Not only was the book suspense-filled, but the story was also like a jigsaw puzzle. The author brought every piece together to form a whole. We were introduced to the story of the girl who lived with her adopted parents, and later we got to know what had happened before she got into the family and every other thing that happened afterward. Every chapter was connected to another, and I found it pretty positive.

Another thing I found positive about the book was that I could relate to the character of Mary. Mary would always want to carry everyone along, bear the pains she feels others will not be able to bear, and was like a backbone for Iris and Kathleen. Even when Megan suggested that she left them so they'd be able to stand on their own, Mary declined. That's what family should be all about. Furthermore, I liked the message of “the concept of time” that was being passed in the book. This philosophy and concept helped Angela see the world differently.

There was nothing I considered negative about this book. I enjoyed reading the book from the very first page down to the last. The book appeared to be professionally edited, asides from the few errors that I spotted throughout the book. Therefore, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to those who are interested in fiction, adventure, and mystery.

The Dead Man in the Tree
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chiwelite O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwelite-o.html
Latest Review: The Water Bear by Groucho Jones

Post by Chiwelite O »

A suspense book that keeps one glued from beginning to end? I am looking forward to reading this book and finding out what was seem at the root of the tree! Amazing review!
Deprise Evans
Favorite Author: Francine Rivers
Currently Reading: Crazy Love
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deprise-evans.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 6456

Post by Deprise Evans »

I love books like these. Suspense and Thrillers have become a new favorite genre of mine. I will have to read this one next! Thank you so much for your great review!
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

The novel has sparked my attention. I'm curious to know if the girl was ever reunited with her family. Great review
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

This review has my total attention,I hope at the end she finds and reunite with her family,I would love to read more about this book,thanks for the review.
Yin Hikari
Currently Reading: The Invisible Life Of Addie La Rue
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yin-hikari.html
Latest Review: Daisy's Run by Scott Baron

Post by Yin Hikari »

Thank you for writing such amazing review on this book! I would love to read more Suspense books and luckily I found this. Into the shelve this book will be.
semira yasin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by semira yasin »

This must be an interesting book to read in your free time, may be on vacation. I love mystery, filled fictional adventures because as you said will glue me to the book until the very end. I live for imagination filled mystries. Will get my hands on it real soon.
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

Your opening paragraph is so tantalizing! I'm now so eager to find out how the secret revelation affected the 3 ladies. Awesome review.
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Elaine LaBonte
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Life Lessons of Wayne
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elaine-labonte.html
Latest Review: President's Day by Stephen A. Werbel, Ph.D.

Post by Elaine LaBonte »

Thanks for a thorough review. It has so many of the elements I look for in a mystery. I especially enjoy continuing suspense and characters that seem to come to life. You mentioned "...The message of 'the concept of time' that was being passed in the book. This philosophy and concept helped Angela see the world differently." This has strongly influenced my choice of wanting to read this book.
"Soon I'll find the right words, they'll be very simple ..."
Some of the Dharma, by Jack Kerouac
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I was very interested in what is in the tree’s roots. What happens to the girl? How does Mary help? I guess I need to read to find out.
Akintola Ola
Favorite Book: Mere Christianity
Currently Reading: Chosen But Free
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akintola-ola.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Akintola Ola »

The book cover alone pulled me. It just sort of portends something dark. Like some dark secret and history. So I believe your assessment in the review. It surely must be an interesting read. This is another exception when judging a book by its cover was not a misleading exercise. Or I hope.
Last edited by Akintola Ola on 06 Sep 2021, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an intriguing novel that keeps the reader's attention with an excellent development full of twists and revelations. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Really intriguing as said. Got my attention. Good review
Paluk Pathania
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paluk-pathania.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Paluk Pathania »

The book's title as well as the cover caught my attention real quick and now the plot too! Can't wait to reveal these mysteries myself! Great review !
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

The book is a suspense filled intriguing book. I would love to read the book. Thanks for the thorough review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”