Review of Where the spirit leads

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Miriam nkere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-nkere.html
Latest Review: Rosa, a Survivor from Terrorism by Dan Verin

Review of Where the spirit leads

Post by Miriam nkere »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Where the spirit leads" by Samuel Pardew.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Where the Spirit Leads: Haunting Stories and Poems, by Samuel Pardew, is a fascinating, scary book with collections of short stories and poems, which will keep you glued to your seat, terrified.

This book comprises 33 fascinating short stories and 33 intriguing poems that are haunting and terrifying. The first story, "Voices of the Choir," is about a church that has been dilapidated and abandoned for a very long time. A newly married woman passing by the church heard melodious voices like nightingales coming out of the church. She felt a compelling force draw her in because she loved to sing. Are these singers humans or ghosts? The poems are also captivating with varied subjects. One of the poems, "Bury me in a Shallow Grave," is about a person who wished to be buried in a shallow grave and a window in his coffin so he could see and know when it's a full moon. What's his aim for that request? To find answers to these questions and enjoy the stories in this book, read up Where the Spirit Leads: Haunting Stories and Poems.

I liked the most that every tale ended with twists and turns, and I enjoyed how I couldn't predict how any of the stories would end. I also like how the author developed his characters with courage, wisdom, and bravery. I enjoyed the book, and the author executed it perfectly.

The authors writing style is extraordinary, simple, and straightforward, and the way he described the hideous things in the woods, such as ghosts covered with white hair and pale eyes gleaming like the moon, was nerve-wracking. The book contains some scary narrations that can cause sleepless nights. It also has thrilling and chilly tales of haunted homes, evil forests, and churches.

Furthermore, the poems are like the icing on a cake, and I especially loved the stylish rhyming scheme. I love how the unequaled writing style made the poems captivating and intriguing. Interestingly, the author made it hard to choose a favorite between the short stories and the poems. Nevertheless, the short tale, "The Preacher's Warning," would be my favorite; it was thought-provoking and scary as well. And the poem titled "My Coffin" was my best because it made me laugh really hard. Readers would enjoy the stories and poems, as the author's narrations are captivating.

In conclusion, I did not dislike anything about this book because I naturally enjoy scary books and movies. I also didn't find any typographical errors. Therefore, I gladly rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I highly recommend it to readers who enjoy horror stories.

Where the spirit leads
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tarie07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarie07.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Tarie07 »

This sounds an interesting read. I like a book with a lot of twists such that I can not predict its ending and I have to keep reading to find out. Thanks for the informative review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I love thrillers and horror stories that are not gory. From the review it sounds like the perfect book.
Precious DA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-da.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by Precious DA »

I like unpredictable books and this book since to possess that amazing quality. I would certainly love to read this. Thanks for the amazing review!
Amy Luman
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Creepy, not gory! That’s what I like. Thanks for the review, I’ll try it.
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

Seems like an amazing collection! I'd love to read this one. Thanks!
NetMassimo
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an engaging collection of horror stories that keep the readers' attention with intensity and twists. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Ruchi Raina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruchi-raina.html
Latest Review: House of Ashes by Margaret Blythe

Post by Ruchi Raina »

I am already creeped out about the book after reading your review, but at the same time, I really want to read it. I think I would love the story about the woman feeling attracted to the church. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Katie Blackmore
Favorite Book: The Glass Castle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katie-blackmore.html
Latest Review: The Light of Canopus by Frasar

Post by Katie Blackmore »

Seems like a very interesting and creepy read. Something that sounds perfect for Halloween or around a campfire. Well done on a compelling review.
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

I like reading poems and short stories. The book is something I would love to read. Thank you for the review.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”