Review of Blood Red Moon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of Blood Red Moon

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Blood Red Moon" by Mark Allen.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We all grew up wondering whether mystery beings like witches, titans, vampires, hell hounds are real or once were real at some point in time. As we are yet to find any solid and crystal answer and evidence to this question, Mark Allen decided to give us a peek into a world where they are real, while we still prod to see if they are. In this book, Blood Red Moon, the author opened us up to a world of mystery.

Caleb, the mysterious, presumed middle-aged history professor with a strong sense of morals and paranormal instincts, is caught in a case of seemingly random serial killing. As he dug into the case with his team, he found out that the case was bigger than he presumed and connected to his past. Dead bent on getting to the end of it, protecting those he loved, he hitches us a ride down this blurry street. Would he end the syndicate? Would his beloved be laid down as a sacrifice to achieve this adventure?

Mark Allen did an incredible job penning this piece down. He has a way of capturing your attention with the "ink and papyrus." Although he did a lot of descriptive work, he did it so that the euphoria of the adventure remained, ultimately kicking staleness out the window. I really enjoyed how he allowed the reader to get every information in tiny but exciting continuous drops. The introduction of the plot was amazing. It's a skill most writers don't have. He came up with a captivating introduction that will keep you stuck, like in a trance.

I liked how he drew parallels lines between the romantic life of Hans and Caleb; therefore, drawing a thin line between genuine love and lust for selfish desires. I liked how he painted the frailty of humanity, the "uncivilness" of war. His descriptive skill was perfect. He sure did bring myth home to us, as a matter of factly.

The only thing I subjectively consider negative about this story was that it ended. I'm sure I wished it had continued a bit more. This is one of those books you don't want to end. But I will give it a rating of 3 out of 4 stars because it has numerous grammatical mistakes. The book does not appear to be professionally edited. He did a good job. I will recommend this book to those interested in romance and mythological stories. Still, I will firmly ask that this piece be read solely at the reader's discretion, as it contains some rather extreme content.

Blood Red Moon
View: on Bookshelves
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

What if these things are real? Does it really change our lives? They were just as real before reading the book, if so. Caleb may have found the answer, or at least what they’re capable of. Thanks for the review.
derialist
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-derialist.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by derialist »

In as much as this is a work of fiction, I hope that the author managed to maintain a realistic depiction of events. I'm curious about whether professor Caleb persues the syndicate alone or he forms a team and the shortcomings that he faces. Nonetheless, this has the alure of a fascinating plot. Thanks for the Lovely review!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

I can see some classic elements of horror stories that in this case seem well mixed, so I'm curious even if I'm not interested in romance. I hope the author does another round of proofreading. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”