Review of Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
OB Brian
Currently Reading: Shame Off You
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ob-brian.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventure by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech

Post by OB Brian »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech" by Marcel Sahade.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Something glittery in a nearby bush captures the attention of Jake as he passes through a pack on his way home from school. When he checks it out, he finds a rather large, beautiful book with a "Book of Spells" title emblazoned in gold on its white cover. Within the book's pages was everything a high school kid─anyone actually─could wish for: how to breathe underwater, how to be invisible, how to run faster than a cheetah, and other incredible abilities. Jake rushes to the bus stop and can't wait to get home and try out the spells. His enthusiasm is, however, short-lived.

Jake's story is but one of many in Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech by Marcel Sahade. You are probably wondering, "what has a grimoire got to do with a drug research company?" Well, everything. So does the hunt for Count De Jager's treasure by the pirate ship, Douglas, and Judas Iscariot's betrayal. But we are both smart enough to know that I am not telling you that, aren't we? Read the book!

I enjoyed every moment I spent reading this anthology. The narrations are unrelated, or so they seem, and very suspenseful. The suspense is what I loved the most, as it had me glued to the book, working hard to get to the end so I could learn, for instance, how Iscariot fits in a story about a pharmaceutical company in modern-day Australia.

Additionally, the author vividly described the narrations, enabling readers to conjure images of the scenes. I was able to feel the characters' frustrations, anticipations, despair, optimism, etc., which added a touch of realism to the narrations. Coupled with humour from the absurdity and irony of situations, it makes this book a fabulous choice for a gloomy day.

While it is a fun read, Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech is not without flaws. Most of the errors I saw were in punctuation, with only one being a spelling error. These mistakes did not hamper my enjoying the book. However, this read will be more charming without them.

That said, there was nothing to dislike about this read. I award Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech four out of four stars. As mentioned earlier, the faults did not interfere with my reading. Thus, they do not affect my overall opinion of the book. This work hurtles the reader between the past and present and from place to place. The narrations are short, fast-paced, and easy to read. Moreover, it is written from a third person's perspective, enabling readers to see things from the point of view of different characters. I recommend it to lovers of mysteries and sci-fi narrations. I also advise those after a feel-good narration to go for Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech as it contains a number of them. This novel is just mind-blowing!

Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”