Official Review: The Third Gate to Hell by Donald Reichardt

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Official Review: The Third Gate to Hell by Donald Reichardt

Post by LinaMueller »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Third Gate to Hell" by Donald Reichardt.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Third Gate to Hell by Donald Reichardt is categorized as C/T/M/H. The book is divided into five parts, each encompassing a period in the life of Will Martin and Monty Johnson. Although it does not follow the standard chronological order, the book describes the adolescence period of the protagonists (part 2), and the rest of the book details their careers. Although they both work in the financial market starting in the 1980s and going through the financial crisis of 2007-2008, the two friends are entirely different. His father taught Monty that the financial market exists to help others, that making money is a consequence of creating value for other families. Will has all the characteristics of a psychopath: he is incredibly charming and manages to convince people with incredible ease.

Although Will received his first job opportunity thanks to Monty and his father, he soon realizes that his works were too conservative and monotonous. Aspiring to have his own business and desiring all the material comforts that money can give, Will will tread a path that will ruin his life. Even with the opportunity to change, addiction makes everything happen again, and, unlike his friend, Will will have a tragic ending.

The book is fascinating and presents a detailed description of how the American financial market can harm small investors and taxpayers. The most exciting thing, however, is how the book brilliantly shows the miserable ending that greedy people tend to have. Unlike Monty, who has a unique and happy family and works to help people, Will Martin wants to conquer the world and has his life ruined. In the end, his life becomes a complete failure in all possible aspects: social, personal, financial, and family. The book couldn't be more educational, and that was what I liked the most.

What I am going to say is not really a flaw, but the truth is that many people will have trouble understanding some descriptions of complex financial transactions. In any case, the main protagonists work in the financial market. And to tell you the truth, some creative accounting techniques can be complex even for professionals in the financial market. I don't think the author could have done anything differently. Since I found only one grammatical error, there is no question that the book is professionally edited.

All in all, I rate The Third Gate to Hell by Donald Reichardt four out of four stars. It is awe-inspiring, educational, fascinating, and insightful. Apart from the detail discussed in the paragraph above, there is nothing negative to be mentioned. Therefore, the final score is self-explanatory. I recommend this book to all professionals in the financial market and all executives who only think about work and have unreasonable ambitions. Like Nietzsche said: "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."

The Third Gate to Hell
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
The_Vivian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-vivian.html
Latest Review: Shield Down by William de Berg

Post by The_Vivian »

This is a really nice review of the book. However I do not like books in the genre. Thank you.
Mercy119
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fireside119.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Mercy119 »

Due to the intense financial terminology, this is the kind of story that would appeal to the masses if it were adopted in picture form. I would definitely watch the movie.
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

By the title, I thought this book has something to do with demons and fantasy; I can see how the financial market theme would merit that title. Great review!
Kelvin chipembele
Currently Reading: Pearl River Mansion
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Kelvin chipembele »

The third gate to hell, me thinking this is a book which is doing with so great demons but it was not so but it has most selling tittle on the market. Kelvin
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Monty and Will are two very different characters. One has learnt that marketing is for creating value and the other is set to conquer the world which leads to his downfall.
Greed is the third gate to hell.
Vampire_demon
Currently Reading: At the Feet of Serenity
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vampire-demon.html
Latest Review: The New Eugenics by Conrad B. Quintyn

Post by Vampire_demon »

I think this will be a perfect one for everyone in financial market . Especially , it may help new learner's to make a better experience out of this and to cope on to there respective works.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like an intriguing novel that addresses some important problems, though I'm not sure all greedy people end badly in real life. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-urvashi-tripathi.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Urvashi Tripathi »

After reading the title of this book, I thought it would be an horror or any thrilling novel but I like this themes books too. As I'm finance student, I hope this book will teach me something new. Thank you for your amazing review.
Buk Nerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-buk-nerd.html
Latest Review: Ribzkniks by Y M Georges

Post by Buk Nerd »

While I found your review quite compelling, this isn't my kind of book. Well done.
"Literature is the most agreeable way of ignoring life." - Fernando Pessoa :techie-studyinggray:
Candace_1507
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Candace_1507 »

This type of genre of books is making me excited. The book has a lesson but at the same time it gives the thrill you want.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”