Official Review: The Tiger's Eye by Scott Delaney

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Re: Official Review: The Tiger's Eye by Scott Delaney

Post by markodim721 »

sanjus wrote: 08 Jun 2021, 13:49 An thought provoking book leads the reader into the near future and the exoticism of modern India looks quite appealing to read. The promotion of evangelism and its conflict with a tradition raised to the level of extremism looks very interesting topic. Thanks for you insightful review.
I am glad that my review managed to interest you in the book.
Michelle Menezes
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-menezes.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Michelle Menezes »

I'm from India and after reading your review I'm very curious to know what the author has written about the country. In case of stereotypes, I usually try not to take any offence because we all have certain ideas about other countries based on what we see in movies or some information on the internet. It's only when you have personally experienced something can you tell how things work. I'm not sure if the author has been to India, but I'll take comfort in the fact that he has described the exotic locations well. 😁
Thank you for the review.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

Michelle Menezes wrote: 25 Jun 2021, 00:35 I'm from India and after reading your review I'm very curious to know what the author has written about the country. In case of stereotypes, I usually try not to take any offence because we all have certain ideas about other countries based on what we see in movies or some information on the internet. It's only when you have personally experienced something can you tell how things work. I'm not sure if the author has been to India, but I'll take comfort in the fact that he has described the exotic locations well. 😁
Thank you for the review.
I think that the positive impression of India is still prevalent and that you will like the book. Thanks for stopping by.
Clare Jose
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Let's Pretend This Never Happened
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clare-jose.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Clare Jose »

I'm actually very intrigued about the plot. Loved your review. I'll definitely check this book out sometime.
Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile."
Ferdinand_Otieno
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an interesting supernatural adventure thriller highlighting conflict, evangelism, extremism, modern India, and the epic battle of good versus evil. The book is temporarily free on Amazon Kindle and has an inciteful OnlineBookClub review. Congrats on the BOTD selection.
Aashu Chaudhary
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aashu-chaudhary.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
fav_author_id: 96867

Post by Aashu Chaudhary »

I love reading a book series. I haven't read the first part of the series Global Calling. I'm interested in knowing what the future holds for Global Calling Organization and will justice win over terror? Great Review.
vitalisvicky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vitalisvicky.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by vitalisvicky »

I'm more that delighted because the book seems to be tackling one of the themes that I always want to discuss, the theme of promotion of evangelism and its conflict with a tradition raised to the level of extremism. Thanks for the review.
Kirsi Cultrera
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

This book has an absolutely stunning cover art. The contrast of East-West relation piques my interest, but what I did not quite catch is that what are the radical Islamists doing in India? I thought India’s main religion is Hinduism and the second is Islam. Maybe I am looking at this from a western people’s point of view but this stroke me as an odd detail. Anyway, one of my favorite features in a good book is well-designed characters. This sounds like an interesting read, thank you for the review!
Kirsi
Official Reviewer Representative
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

The fact that the setting is in India is interesting to me. Thanks for your review.
Anjanee Kanhai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Anjanee Kanhai »

The cover sure called out to me. Lovely shade of blue..
great review with 4 stars, its a must read. I love the setting of Mother India.. Hope to visit her in future.Well penned and exciting.. Well done..
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I don’t normally like to read a book from the middle of a series even with a recommendation. I have, however, recently read books from a series that do stand alone.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

The cover is beautiful and this is an excellent review, but not for me. Religious books always seem as though they are disrespectful of other beliefs. Thank you for an insightful review
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Tars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 351

Post by Tars »

Quite exotic country, but unfortunately, I am not interested at all to learn, no matter how indirectly, traditions, culture and religious beliefs of India. Any other setting and storyline would have pulled me to read the book, but as it is I will have to pass it. No offense and congratulations on BOTD!
Jorge Leon Salazar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jorge-leon-salazar.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Jorge Leon Salazar »

The plot of the book leads to the religious theme, including dealing with the radical Islamist current. It is interesting that it describes modern India and the challenges it faces. Likewise, it is striking that it has well-designed characters and dialogues. It seems like an interesting option.
Yulisa Sanchez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulisa-sanchez.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Yulisa Sanchez »

It's incredible how an author can write a book so well about such deep topics such as religion and cultural differences in a fiction storyline. I am impressed and enjoyed reading this review. Thanks so much for the thorough review!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”