Review by Nastasia Bohdan -- Legacy by Chris Coppel

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nastasia Bohdan
Favorite Book: Sandra Eden's War
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nastasia-bohdan.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Review by Nastasia Bohdan -- Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by Nastasia Bohdan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Legacy" by Chris Coppel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Legacy by Chris Coppel is a thrilling story about a man named Greig, who is willing to confront an ancient vicious witch in order to get his family back. The life of the main character turns upside down after the arrival of a mysterious package, inside of which the Edmonds family finds an old mirror - that is no ordinary mirror, that is a portal through which the foul witch manages to disrupt Craig's entire life. His journey is not a piece of cake — his perception of the world shatters like glass; he has to come to terms with the existence of different dark forces, which are a threat to everything and everyone in the world.

The overall impression of Chris Coppel's Legacy is quite good. The writing style is striking: the author's choice to divide the book into two timelines is engaging. One of these timelines tells us about the main character's past and the second — his present. This particular structure gives us a unique opportunity to take a peek into the protagonist's character to better understand what makes him tick. Another thing I loved is the main character's development. We can see his journey from being a poor child who went through a lot to a young man who does not wince while killing to a man who's ready to fight dark forces to save lives.

I can't think of things that could ruin the good impression after finishing reading the story, but there is a tiny aspect that has made my reading a little bit less enjoyable. I think that the story was too fast-paced, and some of the scenes could be expanded so it would feel more realistic (as it can be for fantasy writing) and would give the impression of being alongside the characters.

Taking all positive and negative aspects into account, I rate Legacy by Chris Coppel four out of four. I believe that this book is worth making some time to read.

This book can be recommended for those who love to tickle their nerves and who are not afraid of a little bit of suspense. Fantasy and horror lovers will be satisfied. However, if you are not ready for the vividly depicted horrors of bloodthirsty witches' and other monsters' appearances and the descriptions of fights and combats, this book might not be for you. Whatever your choice is, enjoy the book!

Legacy
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
maggi3
Currently Reading: Out for Good
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggi3.html
Latest Review: Clearer Vision by Traci Chevell Adkins

Post by maggi3 »

This sounds like a great read! I'm not too bothered by violence or fast-paced narratives, so I might have to give this book a try. Thanks for the recommendation and review!
Pronouns: they/them

:gay-rainbow:
John Owen
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-owen.html
Latest Review: The King of May by Matthew Tysz

Post by John Owen »

Your last paragraph in the review suggests the book is an combination of fantasy and horror? Well, that's bizzare, I've never read such a combination. I think I might give it a try since I, unlike you, love fast paced novels. Nice review.
I am the only version of myself.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”