Review by Magoi -- Ophelia by Norman Bacal

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Magoi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magoi.html
Latest Review: Ophelia by Norman Bacal

Review by Magoi -- Ophelia by Norman Bacal

Post by Magoi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Ophelia" by Norman Bacal.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ophelia by Norman Bacal is a spellbinding story of betrayal, fight for power, value of life and family, addiction, murder and revenge.

The story starts with a memory of Gerhard Neilson past that changed his entire life. Gerhard commonly referred to as Geri in the novel, Red King and Trudi Darrow are the founders of Danmark, a big pharmaceutical company. Trudi is betrayed by Geri and Red, and she is not given a position on board. The company is run by Geri and Red for many decades. Geri's son Thalem (also known as Tal) works in the company. He struggles to get acceptance from his family. Though he suffers from addiction, he is an intelligent guy. He found a break-through to make Danmark stand out in the international drug industry but Geri and Red did not have time to go through it. Tal is involved in a relationship with a lady named Ophelia. As the story continues, he learns the reason as to why she is with him, which makes him question if everything in his life is a lie.
Trudi Darrow, Tal's mother, plans to take over Danmark. She has to pay for the consequence of the illegal deal that Danmark signed with Cunzhuang, a chinese company or else risk following the steps of Geri and Red. Trudi's relationship with Tal goes through many twists.

What will be of Danmark company? What is to become of Tal? Will Trudi succeed in taking back the company? What will happen to Ophelia and Tal?

The author had me hooked from the introduction, I could not get myself to stop reading. The thrill and suspense had me guessing what would happen next only to get unexpected turns. The transition between each character's story made the story flow perfectly. The story made me learn a lot of things. It was intriguing from the first go.

The only negative aspect about the book was the title. I started reading having in mind that Ophelia was the main character but got disappointed seeing that she was just a part of the main character's life.

The book was interesting, captivating, a roller coaster, and it had my attention from the very first page. The author has a way of captivating and holding ones attention. There was no sexually explicit scenes or language used in the book. There was no grammatical error too. It is an outstanding book. I give it a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to young adults who love reading thriller, crime fiction and corporate drama stories.

Ophelia
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”