Official Review: Incident at the Historical Museum

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Official Review: Incident at the Historical Museum

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Incident at the Historical Museum" by Lawrence A. Deiman.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Incident at the Historical Museum by Lawrence A. Deiman is a fictional crime novel about some drug dealers, who are operating from a museum in a city in the US. The story revolves around a man named Trevor, who works with the FBI to capture the drug dealers. The writer’s tone is casual, direct, and engaging.

The author begins by introducing Trevor’s friend, a man named Jason, as well as his girlfriend, Jeanette. Jason loves Jeanette with passion, but he does not know about her dirty past. Trevor takes his dog, Jasmine, for a walk, where he meets a man named Christopher, who also takes his dog for a walk around the neighborhood. Trevor and Christopher become friends, but Christopher becomes suspicious that drugs are being transported from the historical museum, where he is working as a junior curator. Christopher tells Trevor about his thoughts, but he is caught by his bosses, who capture him and bind him. Christopher sends a message, asking for help from Trevor. Can Trevor rescue Christopher? Who is behind the drugs in the museum? How will Jason’s relationship with Jeanette develop?

What I liked most about the novel was that it was engaging and interesting, as the writer included plenty of emotion and suspense in the text, thus grasping my attention in the text.

I found many negative features in the story, which downgraded the book’s status. Firstly, the text was unprofessionally edited, as I found more than ten grammatical, typographical, and punctuation mistakes in the book. Furthermore, the author added too much profanity and described sexual scenes in explicit detail, which distracted me from the main plot of the story. What I disliked most about the book was that it was incoherent and incohesive, as the writer failed to bind the storyline together in a logical and rational way, thereby confusing the reader in many places.

This book is best suited for readers who enjoy crime thrillers with some romance in them. This book is only for mature readers, as there are profane words, violent scenes, and descriptions of sexual encounters in the novel. The story may be appreciated by readers of all religions.

To sum up, I rate this book with 2 out of 4 stars. The only reason I did not give the book the lowest possible score was because of its thrilling and exciting nature. I could not give this novel a higher score, as it was poorly edited, irrationally structured, and distracting in some parts.

Incident at the Historical Museum
View: on Bookshelves
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a crime thriller that has a potential but might need a professional editor to help the author in developing it properly and with proofreading. Thank you for your honest review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
iammiape
Favorite Author: Jacob Emrey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iammiape.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
fav_author_id: 10640

Post by iammiape »

The rising action appeared simple to me. Based on you review, although the author embodied a fundamental quality of a C/T/H/M book—suspense, I think I will not read this book. Thank you for your straightforward review.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

That's a good story turned bad by errors and explicit scenes. If the main plot is lost then it's pointless to proceed with the story. Thank you for your honest review!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”